Dubai, the city of........

darkknight

• 3 months later...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Hello i from Dubai also those places are my regular hangouts with my friends :D

Was studying in London for the past 3 years doing my Bsc. Computing Scinece (Honors) and finished that so going back to Dubai for 4 months till i start my post grad.

I really love that country when i think of how many times i have driven that roads it makes me want to go back even more.

Would recommend everyone to visit only once.

- Vikram

www.FaeLLe.com

• 2 weeks later...

UAE residents sure do have mighty lofty goals for such a tiny little country. They remind me so very much of the Japanese in the 80's and now the Chinese by thinking they are soon going to take over and leave everyone else in the dust... Anyone can say we've got the biggest of this or that, especially New Yorkers, but I feel that bragging for the purpose of bragging is a little silly.

UAE residents sure do have mighty lofty goals for such a tiny little country. They remind me so very much of the Japanese in the 80's and now the Chinese by thinking they are soon going to take over and leave everyone else in the dust... Anyone can say we've got the biggest of this or that, especially New Yorkers, but I feel that bragging for the purpose of bragging is a little silly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Too bad China and Japan did not have half the economy UAE has back then heh.

And they do not brag it is healthy competition.... while the developed countries are pouring $$ down the drain interfiering in other countries businesses UAE is utilizing theirs in self development.

Too bad China and Japan did not have half the economy UAE has back then heh.

And they do not brag it is healthy competition....  while the developed countries are pouring $$ down the drain interfiering in other countries businesses UAE is utilizing theirs in self development.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And Dubai is developing itself, at a spectacular rate, as it enjoys investment/patronage/protection from developed countries that like to interfere in other countries businesses, like you say. ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dubai hotels lead globally in occupancy rate

Dubai's hotels experienced the world's highest occupancy rate in the first nine months of 2005, according to Deloitte and Smith Travel Research.The latest report put Dubai on top with an 85.9 per cent occupancy rate followed by New York with 82.7 per cent and Singapore at 80 per cent.

Dubai hotels and hotel apartments have also been ranked first in the world in terms of generating the highest revenue per available room between January and September 2005, followed by New York and Paris.

Dubai hotels' Revenue Per Available Room reached $175.47 while New York comes second with $163.32 and Paris third with $169.53.

Dubai's average daily room rate at $204.24 is second only to that of Paris at $230.77, while New York is third with an average rate of $197.47.

This makes Dubai's hotels the second most expensive in the world after Paris.

Dubai hotels lead globally in occupancy rate

Dubai's hotels experienced the world's highest occupancy rate in the first nine months of 2005, according to Deloitte and Smith Travel Research.The latest report put Dubai on top with an 85.9 per cent occupancy rate followed by New York with 82.7 per cent and Singapore at 80 per cent.

Dubai hotels and hotel apartments have also been ranked first in the world in terms of generating the highest revenue per available room between January and September 2005, followed by New York and Paris.

Dubai hotels' Revenue Per Available Room reached $175.47 while New York comes second with $163.32 and Paris third with $169.53.

Dubai's average daily room rate at $204.24 is second only to that of Paris at $230.77, while New York is third with an average rate of $197.47.

This makes Dubai's hotels the second most expensive in the world after Paris.

Nice info Matt. :D

And on top of all this, it seems to be immune to the turmoil we associate with the rest of the Middle East (at least to the casual observer)! A very positive symbol for that part of the world. What has set it so far apart from the rest? (Sorry, I know next to nothing about the history and development of the UAE....)

Well, I'm sure it'll be nice by any nation's standards or ranking methods. Hope I get a chance to visit someday! The whole place just looks likes it's brewing to be the ultimate fantasy land and tourist's paradise.

Same here, but the Rose Rotana Suites under construction in Dubai is suppose to be taller than Burj Al Arab, so that's tempting as well.

Archived