Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timize

105.3 "Hot FM"

17 posts in this topic

Has anyone recently switched their favorite radio station to 105.3? I think it's a pretty good station. It beats listening to the same old song over and over again on WSNX (and the sickening rap music), and it's a lot more upbeat than WLHT.

I've heard the station before. I agree that there's more of a variety on that station. I think GR still needs a good full-time Jazz station though (similar to V98.7 in Detroit). ~Just my 2 cents.

Has anyone recently switched their favorite radio station to 105.3? I think it's a pretty good station. It beats listening to the same old song over and over again on WSNX (and the sickening rap music), and it's a lot more upbeat than WLHT.

Still listening to www.di.fm's Trance station. ^^

Sadly I don't think I'll live to see an electronica station here in GR. Chicago maybe, but even that could be a long time.. I think there's what.. 2 or 3 EDM FM stations in the whole country? 'Tis sad. =[

I think GR still needs a good full-time Jazz station though (similar to V98.7 in Detroit). ~Just my 2 cents.

It's not bad, and I listen to it occasionally. It tends to be little too hip-hop at times for my tastes.

I've listened to it for a while. In the past few years our market has seen a few stations added. It makes me wonder about are market.

it's an ok station...I've been bleeding myself to death with 105.7 xmas music on my work commute...

I agree that we should have a jazz station...would be nice

I wouldn't mind these stations so much if we were getting more diversity. We have what.. ?x Country, ?x Christian Rock, 2x Alternative Rock, 3x Classical Rock, Soft Rock, 3x Top 40, NPR and 1 classical station? Or was that classical station booted off to some AM frequency?

How about we drop a few of the duplicates and replace them with some good Jazz, Classical, or heck, a station that dedicates itself to providing time slots for all kinds of different music?

Classical Station? The only one I know of was turned into some cheesy oldies station that grandmothers with plastic covered sofas listen to.

It's WYCE for me.

I wouldn't mind these stations so much if we were getting more diversity. We have what.. ?x Country, ?x Christian Rock, 2x Alternative Rock, 3x Classical Rock, Soft Rock, 3x Top 40, NPR and 1 classical station? Or was that classical station booted off to some AM frequency?

How about we drop a few of the duplicates and replace them with some good Jazz, Classical, or heck, a station that dedicates itself to providing time slots for all kinds of different music?

I can't even remember the last time I listened to commercial radio. WYCE 88.1 FM is the best radio station on the planet--blues, jazz, rock, funk, folk and world beat. I get a musical education every day and find out about great bands that I never would have heard of otherwise. Where else are you going to hear songs like "Liquored Up and Lacquered Down" by Southern Culture on the Skids? When I go up to Midland to visit my mother, I pick up Central Michigan University's station which is usually pretty good - sometimes downright outstanding.

I can't even remember the last time I listened to commercial radio. WYCE 88.1 FM is the best radio station on the planet--blues, jazz, rock, funk, folk and world beat. I get a musical education every day and find out about great bands that I never would have heard of otherwise. Where else are you going to hear songs like "Liquored Up and Lacquered Down" by Southern Culture on the Skids? When I go up to Midland to visit my mother, I pick up Central Michigan University's station which is usually pretty good - sometimes downright outstanding.

My wife listens to 105.3, but both of us think Dave and Geri are not HOT. In fact, think of the opposite of HOT and that's Dave and Geri.

For me, it's NPR daily, WOOD if I need traffic info.

If anyone's in Kalamazoo, hit 89.1 WIDR FM, it's like WYCE, but more awesome and unafraid to play all music (even the stuff that might offend donors).

XM Satellite Radio (since I have a long commute and often have to travel to Lansing or Ann Arbor for MAP meetings)

The stations need to switch out Dave and Geri from 105.3 with Steve and Sabrina from 105.7. That would be a much better fit.

And yes, WYCE is great...

I think it's an ok station, when taken in small doses. I do miss our only Classical station. I'll listen to Blue Lake, but quite often it goes in and out when I'm nearing work.