America's Christmas Village

mcheiss

Did anyone read the article in the paper last week about the Christmas timeshare resort coming to Madison County? I thought I remember hearing something about this project a while back on this site, but wasn't sure. Anyway, a Texas developer has been wanting to build a $200 million Christmas & Victorian Village about 8 miles south of Eureka Springs. The development would have around 100 cottages for timeshares, 61 shops, 10 restaurants, a convention center, a hotel, wedding chappel, horse drawn carrages, steam-powered trains, and a golf course. The official name of the project is America's Christmas Village. Overall, it could take up to 15 years to build the entire development.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crap, I forgot to post about this. It was back when I was real busy at work and never got around to it. Yeah we had it posted around here somewhere when the news first came out. I can't remember now what topic that was exactly. They recently said it was behind schedule because there was a couple of deaths in the guy's family and that had delayed things. It looked interesting if you're really into Christmas. I noticed they also mentioned having timeshares and such so that it could also be available to people not as well off as others. I saw a little map too. It looked like it was just a little south of the Carroll/Madison County. So officially this will be in the metro since it's in Madison.

Not trying to be negative but I don't think this works. I'd love to see a resort of that scale in the Ozarks near Eureka but I don't think the theme will do well. Why not capitalize on the "Little Switzerland" theme and build a Swiss village? I can't imagine my family and I taking off in October or March to spend a week in the Christmas village and I love to travel around Arkansas and see everything.

Not trying to be negative but I don't think this works. I'd love to see a resort of that scale in the Ozarks near Eureka but I don't think the theme will do well. Why not capitalize on the "Little Switzerland" theme and build a Swiss village? I can't imagine my family and I taking off in October or March to spend a week in the Christmas village and I love to travel around Arkansas and see everything.

Just another idiotic scheme for removing Christ from Christmas only this time making Christmas an exclusive club for people rich enough to afford a Christmas resort. Shame on that guy with the brain aneurism for claiming this is a vision inspired by God. It's bad enough that Santa Claus and Rudolph are more popular at Christmas than the birth of the baby Saviour that this holiday celebrates.

We had something similar to this built here in Williamsburg, Virginia. It's called the Yankee Candle Store, and while yes, anchored by Yankee Candle, it is Christmas all year round. It definitely doesn't look as big a project as this, but it specializes in selling all things and everything Christmas....from the food you can get, to Santa Clause, to holidays gifts and decorations. It even snows year round, and while to some it may sound cheesy, there are hundreds of thousands that shop there during the year. It bring lots of tourists that just feel like they need a little Christmas spirit in the middle of August, and honestly, I love the place....just my two cents.

We had something similar to this built here in Williamsburg, Virginia. It's called the Yankee Candle Store, and while yes, anchored by Yankee Candle, it is Christmas all year round. It definitely doesn't look as big a project as this, but it specializes in selling all things and everything Christmas....from the food you can get, to Santa Clause, to holidays gifts and decorations. It even snows year round, and while to some it may sound cheesy, there are hundreds of thousands that shop there during the year. It bring lots of tourists that just feel like they need a little Christmas spirit in the middle of August, and honestly, I love the place....just my two cents.

• 2 weeks later...

I see what you're saying but I think some people get into that Christmas mood all year long. I'm pretty sure Eureka Springs has some Christmas shops that are open all year long and they seem to do okay. But I'm not sure how many would would go check it out outside of winter.

Did I miss something? I don't recall seeing anything saying it was going to be an exclusive resort. In fact I'm pretty sure I read something about him saying he wanted it to be available for everyone not just the rich.

It'll be too expensive for average families to enjoy. It would be cheaper to fly the family to Disney World or visit Branson for Christmas. It sounds like they might have a "coupon day" during the slower times of the year, but most of the village will be closed during those slow times anyway. Just a hunch.

Archived