Crime Rate of Nashville.

The Tot Pack

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You see the crime on the TV everyday, but my perception is that a lot of the crime is gang related. The murder rate is not as high as it has been. I think they are on the right track now targeting gangs and youth offenders. Many of the high profile crimes that are being reported are being blamed on undocumented aliens. Several recent murders were commited thus the backlash against those communities. I think the news media builds a lot of hype around that too.

There was a ranking a couple of months ago for crime and I cant remember the stats but it was high for the city. Ii will see if I can find the stats.

Much of that crime is in certain neighborhoods consistantly. For the tourist, DT is pretty safe unless it is late night at one of the afterhours clubs or again the places gang memebrs are likely to hang out.

Here is a link to the rankings for the most dangerous and safest cities.

By the way Memephis is the 4 th most dangerous and Nashville the 7th for cities over 500,000 people. Over all the most dangerous city in the US is Camden NJ. This is a bad thing to have the 2 largest cities in TN in the 10 worst.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6555449/

Here is a link to the rankings for the most dangerous and safest cities.

By the way Memephis is the 4 th most dangerous and Nashville the 7th for cities over 500,000 people. Over all the most dangerous city in the US is Camden NJ. This is a bad thing to have the 2 largest cities in TN in the 10 worst.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6555449/

Nashville has a fairly high crime rate and you can feel it in many neighborhoods. I live in Antioch and its certainly typically high crime like most neighborhoods in the city. Antioch is fairly suburban, but that doesn't really keep it from being high crime. I absolutely hate thug culture and Nashville is filled with it, urban or suburban it doesn't matter.

:rofl: LA(Lower Antioch) thats what Antioch as a whole has been nicknamed. Overall, many homicides are actually gangs and drug dealers and such killing each other, overall. The Boro sees its fair share, considering the state's largest undergrad school is there, accounts for around half of the crime rate. Williamson County, fairly safe, but it cant stay that way forever, they just can be couped up to mostly upper class much longer i.e. Thompson's Station and Spring Hill, fairly middle class. Hell, yall be glad you dont live in Jacksonville like I do, 115 murders so far, many just innocent people on the street and some in their own homes, knowing none the less what is going on right outside. Chief Surpas needs to do something though, this isnt New Orleans chief, this is Nashville, things are a lil different, but I agree solidly, thugs, bluntly just need to go away.

I know my opinion couldn't be taken well on here, so I'll tame it down to a few phrases. If I had a choice as to what I could do and it was changable overnight I would have been gone years ago.

On the other side of the coin, Nashville really isn't terribly different from many other areas in this region. Atlanta is much the same with its thug culture, and it has its numerous elite suburbs that somewhat stand in contrast. Both are incompatible with my tastes, maybe why that's why I never liked Atlanta. Neither its "good" side or "bad" side interest me. Kind of the same here... But ya know, its a nationwide issue. America is filled with thug wanna be's and idiots who really couldn't figure out what they wanted in their own life. So what do they do? Adopt something to make themselves feel important. YAY.

Humanity is so... Wonderful?

EDIT: Before you guys start thinking racial, there is equally (if not more) white trash that acts like a bunch of thugs who are as much of a target of my opinions as anything. This is not a racial thing, plenty mexicans also have the thug wheel spinner culture going on. Race isn't important, the entire pop culture trend is kind of annoying to me.

My biggest complaint is that there is no middle ground. You have a bunch of jesus freaks on one side and the huge thug trash movement on the other and really how many socially conscious people lie inbetween? Not many.. That's for sure.

Heckles, I think I understand your point. However, I'd say that most of Americans (and people in general) are, in fact, in that middle ground. I believe the media pump up the extremes in a vast majority of cases. Plus, I think they don't hesitate to shine light on what they think are stereotypes (e.g. the thread on Nashville in the "Cold Case" episode).

Unfortunately, many people feel comfortable with stereotypes. They're familiar, and don't require deep thought to reshape opinions.

Archived