Chimes Street

snaphappy061bx3.jpg

Varsity Theatre

snaphappy062nt6.jpg

Journalism Bldg.

snaphappy017rs5.jpg

Mike's new habitat

snaphappy012qt2.jpg

Mike actually has real grass to walk on! He's much happier.

snaphappy014ci2.jpg

Baton Rouge loves Mike!!! :wub:

snaphappy020ff2.jpg

P-MAC ; Pete Maravich Assembly Center

snaphappy015pi4.jpg

snaphappy016fi6.jpg

Old Law Bldg.

snaphappy023bw9.jpg

New Emerging Technologies Bldg.

snaphappy024bk3.jpg

Three story houses next to LSU

snaphappy025mr1.jpg

Some wetlands at LSU

snaphappy006he1.jpg

snaphappy092tn1.jpg

Campus Lake

more013wo7.jpg

Tiger Stadium dwarfing the 6-story Athletic Dept. Bldg

more015yt9.jpg

View from Nicholson Drive; Memorial Tower peaking above

more019jf6.jpg

Nice houses along University Lake

more022xf7.jpg

more007jv5.jpg

Looking across University Lake with Memorial Tower, Tiger Stadium in the background

more006yb3.jpg

Crescent at University Lake coming along nicely; view from edge of campus

more008to0.jpg

The new Fieldhouse condo's at the northgate at Nicholson

more021nd8.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More housing boom in the LSU area

West Parker Blvd; condo's like these are spring-up in the area

snaphappy026ko8.jpg

snaphappy083px1.jpg

Sorry for powerlines; wanted include as much of this massive development as possible

Southgate Towers (three 8-story condo's); parking garage(back not shown), restuarants, retail, bookstores, cofee shop, health clubs, etc.

Work is begining on an 10-story condo tower;and 6-story 121-room Staybridge Suites hotel. The next phase was approved for an 18-story tower( when??) I can't wait!!! Hard to believe they would go that tall!

Look closely to the left you see Tiger Stadium; strain your eyes you barely see the Mississippi River Bridge(far left)

snaphappy084wt7.jpg

snaphappy086ja2.jpg

More boom from the northgate area

The University shopping center was torn down..these are going up everywhere; some retail and restaurant, grocery, added?? Kirby Smith Hall in the background

snaphappy064ma3.jpg

The "new look" Highland Road

snaphappy065gr7.jpg

snaphappy067bu2.jpg

They go a way's back there; cool 3rd floor pool deck

snaphappy066nn7.jpg

The old Kirby Smith Hall and newer housing that's spread-out...many LSU athlete's stay in these

I like the Mediterreanean terre cotta all over the place!!!

snaphappy068or9.jpg

Great photos Richy. :thumbsup: I went to LSU for a summer course and on my lunch break I walked to the North Gate and thought I was in downtown. But then I rememebered that if downtown had all that activity, it wouldn't need a master plan. I rememeber one day I tried to walk to the SouthGate towers and got lost and let me tell you something, the middle of summer is not a good time to get lost. :lol:

If any of ya'll ever get the chance to go there on a week day , try to check out the Museum of Natural History. The have all these taxodermy displays that are really neat. But the hours are ridiculous :weekdays 9 to 5pm. :angry:

Nice shots of the campus area, man!! That's quite a housing boom as well.

This photo instantly reminded me of Hirsch Coliseum in Shreveport. See this photo and then scroll down to see the Hirsch...

snaphappy092tn1.jpg

This is the only photo I could find that comes close to the angle I wanted to show. If I had a shot of the entrance, you'd REALLY see the similarities.

But still, look at the roofs and compare! And yes, Hirsch's roof IS the exact same color and the facade of the building is almost identical as well...

ls_hirsch_coliseum.jpg

Thanks yall...it took way toooo looong with computer freezing; imageshack,etc.

Thanks Brian for sharing the similarities with Hirsh, that's interesting stuff :thumbsup:

Dan, Shreveport's Fairgrounds are actually located in the city limits(almost in the middle). Baton Rouge's State Fairgrounds are SE edge of the parish in the burbs down Airline Hwy. approaching Bayou Manchac and Ascension Parish. Wonder why??

Independence Park would have been a cool location for a fairgrounds (in the center like Shreveport); but they filled it up with needed Public service operations; State Police; DMV, others, etc. The other side has a theatre, botanical gardens, library.

Thanks yall...it took way toooo looong with computer freezing; imageshack,etc.

Thanks Brian for sharing the similarities with Hirsh, that's interesting stuff :thumbsup:

Dan, Shreveport's Fairgrounds are actually located in the city limits(almost in the middle). Baton Rouge's State Fairgrounds are SE edge of the parish in the burbs down Airline Hwy. approaching Bayou Manchac and Ascension Parish. Wonder why??

Independence Park would have been a cool location for a fairgrounds (in the center like Shreveport); but they filled it up with needed Public service operations; State Police; DMV, others, etc. The other side has a theatre, botanical gardens, library.

Very nice photos and some great info, Richy! On weekends, the College Town area around LSU has what is probably the best nightlife in the state outside of New Orleans. And the housing boom going on in that same area is absolutely amazing as well! :thumbsup:

Archived