Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smeagolsfree

Clarksville mega site approved by TVA

13 posts in this topic

I think minor league hockey would do well and be popular with the northern transplants.

I am glad to see Clarksville finally moving into the potential that it has always had. I think Clarksville will start growing in the same method that the Boro has been growing over the ast few years. I share your concerns Fallingwater as far as the growth close to the exits. I think DT will do just fine. It has a lot of potential as well.

I am uber-excited to see that they have procured land at Exit 11 for the possibility of the new arena coming there. This is a major development area that has not been tapped yet. It could easily become a Cool Sprins-type area.

I am glad to see Clarksville finally moving into the potential that it has always had. I think Clarksville will start growing in the same method that the Boro has been growing over the ast few years. I share your concerns Fallingwater as far as the growth close to the exits. I think DT will do just fine. It has a lot of potential as well.

I am uber-excited to see that they have procured land at Exit 11 for the possibility of the new arena coming there. This is a major development area that has not been tapped yet. It could easily become a Cool Sprins-type area.

Have there been any details released about this proposed facility? How many seats. for example? I think a facility in the 7,000 to 10,000 range would be a great thing for Clraksville, and I hope something does come of this.

Sounds like the arena up in Murray, KY. It's a hit with national concerts, and this is a city of only around 15,000 people!!!!

Best shot of exterior I could find from Ticketmaster .com

6406v.jpg

It seats around 8-10,000 I believe. And is home to the Murray State Racers Basketball program and conerts, conventions, and wrestling events.

Haha, the stadium in Murray is also a great community center. My grandma and all her friends go walking there in the mornings, and the Senior Citizens Center have events there fairly often. It's a really nice stadium, too.

Here is a proposed drawing...

prescott.JPG

It would seat 5-6,000 for various events and would include an entertainment and shopping district around it.