Toronto walk (Part 1)

swags

NOTE: Big pictures. Might take a while to load

I was downtown Toronto a couple of weeks ago to visit a university I might attend next year. It is right in the heart of downtown, and if I am accepted there, I will be studying urban planning. Definitely a good place to study it. I've been busy lately, so I haven't had a chance to post some pictures until now. Enjoy!

Alright. We start our walk right outside the university, around Church & Gould Streets. Here, we are looking through an alleyway. To the right is the new Centre for Computing and Engineering at Ryerson University under construction.

100_0406~0.JPG

I then went inside to the Eaton Centre, a big mall downtown. The first pic is of the Canada Life building through the entrance glass.

100_0407.JPG

100_0408.JPG

I stepped outside, and took a picture of the new Yonge-Dundas square... at least some of it. In the background is a brutalist building on the Ryerson campus.

100_0410.JPG

At this point I am walking north on Yonge St. Here you can see the Canon Theatre... one of many cultural institutions in the city.

100_0411.JPG

Yonge St. streetscape. It is the longest street in the world.

100_0412.JPG

Looking up the Eaton Centre tower.

100_0413.JPG

Shops and condos.

100_0414.JPG

More shops along Yonge St., in nicely restored buildings as well.

100_0415.JPG

Nice building... up for sale too. Maybe if I win the lottery someday I'll buy it.

100_0416.JPG

Right beside the previous building, another nice building up for sale.

100_0417.JPG

The old Bank of Montreal building.

100_0418.JPG

The Old City Hall, now used as a courthouse. The only reason they built a new one is because they ran out of room in this one.

100_0420.JPG

100_0422.JPG

Old City Hall and Canada Life building.

100_0423.JPG

Facade of Old City Hall. They don't build 'em like they used to.

100_0424.JPG

OK, I have to get going, I have homework to work on. PLENTY more pics coming soon... I have a lot to upload and post here.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

An interesting mixture of architectural styles, billboards and street life.

...and you're right swags; they don't build 'em like that anymore.

BTW What are you doing your homework for? Get out there and take more great pics for "Toronto walk (Part 2)" ;)

I thought I did make a Toronto Walk part II... I can't seem to find it on the forums though... maybe the admins can help me out with this one? Anyways, I still have some leftover pics for part III, I have some spare time this week so expect a part III shortly.

Archived