Suntrust Plaza and other news...

doormanpoet

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in town for Spring Break, got a chance to drive around downtown today, thought I'd share my two cents...

Coming over the Gateway bridge is a great view right now. SunTrust plaza will be a nice infill there. If anything, from a lot of views it will draw attention to the Ryman because if you look over, you look down and see the Ryman when normally it would have gotten lost from a farther back view.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Hampton...the facade really isn't bad in my opinion. I do wish it was on a corner facing in to the CBD, but it is nice to have something that is opening out there to Gateway since hopefully that will continue to develop.

Encore is rising...exciting to see the tower portion about to begin, of course that can be followed on the construction webcam. It's a nice large base though.

ICON will be visible soon as it starts to rise up a little more. I've stated before that I have trouble visualizing the Gulch and everything down there, I didn't realize that it would be pretty much right next to the Interstate there.

I'm sure there were other things I saw and thought about. For instance, Adelicia is rising quickly and the West End is close to topping out I believe. But it's just exciting to see everything and how much it has changed since I was here 2 months ago. Here's to being even more excited when I come back this summer!

• 2 months later...

200723807 BUILDING SIGN PERMIT 18-MAY-07 21-MAY-07 $11,300

401 COMMERCE ST

BOOM SIGN AND LIGHTING

Install four 10' x 14' Logos and four sets of 6' x 35' Channel letters (one each on 14th floor of all four facades of bldg)

for "SunTrust" Bank. Not to exceed 15% of facade or extend above roof line. Only wall signs on bldg. Not to

overhang Public ROW. (replaces permit 200622882 which expired before work was begun)

200723807 BUILDING SIGN PERMIT 18-MAY-07 21-MAY-07 $11,300

401 COMMERCE ST

BOOM SIGN AND LIGHTING

Install four 10' x 14' Logos and four sets of 6' x 35' Channel letters (one each on 14th floor of all four facades of bldg)

for "SunTrust" Bank. Not to exceed 15% of facade or extend above roof line. Only wall signs on bldg. Not to

overhang Public ROW. (replaces permit 200622882 which expired before work was begun)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived