Abandoned neighbourhood and mattress factory

seicer

The following updates includes over 30 new photographs and new text to Abandoned.

Abandoned mattress factory:

See 25+ photographs here. Historical perspective coming soon!

1. Loading bay

n12904118_32371326_9150.jpg

2. Unsafe

n12904118_32371328_9430.jpg

3. Unstable

This section was incredibly dangerous. This building was neglected during the final years of operations, so as the leaks progressed through the roof over the years, sections of the wood flooring were closed off. Metal plating was installed to distribute the weights evenly.

Eventually, after the plant's closure, the roof collapsed and now the second and third floors are very unstable.

n12904118_32371330_9702.jpg

--

Mount Auburn, Cincinnati, Ohio: A large collection of abandoned nineteenth-century row houses, once characterised by their multi-coloured pastel fa

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The following updates includes over 30 new photographs and new text to Abandoned.

Abandoned mattress factory:

See 25+ photographs here. Historical perspective coming soon!

1. Loading bay

n12904118_32371326_9150.jpg

2. Unsafe

n12904118_32371328_9430.jpg

3. Unstable

This section was incredibly dangerous. This building was neglected during the final years of operations, so as the leaks progressed through the roof over the years, sections of the wood flooring were closed off. Metal plating was installed to distribute the weights evenly.

Eventually, after the plant's closure, the roof collapsed and now the second and third floors are very unstable.

n12904118_32371330_9702.jpg

--

Mount Auburn, Cincinnati, Ohio: A large collection of abandoned nineteenth-century row houses, once characterised by their multi-coloured pastel fa

I was around Glencoe Place 2 weeks ago. Really interesting and eerie. I've been in tons of creepy abandoned buildings. Even in the darkest sub-basements imaginable. But Glencoe place seemed far more strange than any place I've ever been. I guess it's because of its pale appearance and the dark story behind it. Oh, and the fact that I felt weird people lived inside.

Archived