Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gs3

Creative Advertising in Greenville

18 posts in this topic

Guess I'm a sucker for billboards and creative, clever advertising. Thought I would start a thread where we can post photos of ANY creative marketing efforts in the Greenville area....creative companies....creative city campaigns.....etc......

Here are two, I noticed this weekend.

1. Bloom opened all their stores with the whole "New Arrival" newborn baby theme and they have played well on that with the baby strollers, storks, etc. Here is a dimensional one on Wade Hampton I noticed this morning....a baby crib mobile:

DSC00654.jpg

2. The Drive.....great way to stay top of mind! "Off" Seasons Greetings. Great double entendre.

DSC00622.jpg

I also like the new advert for the Drive on the formerly white trolley. :shades:

Theres one as your going down Laurens Rd. before you get to Antrim headed downtown. I know it says Greenville but the letters are filled in with something, but im not really sure. Its always too early to pay that much attention, sorry.

Theres one as your going down Laurens Rd. before you get to Antrim headed downtown. I know it says Greenville but the letters are filled in with something, but im not really sure. Its always too early to pay that much attention, sorry.

Its for Makers Mark. I guess at 7:30 in the morning i'm not in the mood to pay that much attention to a billboard. I guess im too busy watching for the stooges on their cell phones looking for something in their back seat and women putting make up on. Sorry.

...I guess at 7:30 in the morning i'm not in the mood to pay that much attention to a billboard...

Funny thing here is that this very same discussion was had in the Columbia forum not too long ago. :lol: People wondered what the Columbia billboard was for and someone piped up and said it was an advert for Makers Mark. It was Deja vu all over again for me! ^_^

Makers Mark sounds like they need to rethink their advertising. Must not be making much of an impact.

Makers Mark sounds like they need to rethink their advertising. Must not be making much of an impact.

This is an oldie-but-a-goodie.... Have seen it all over the Internet, but it originate in our Hometown!!

Saskatoon-billboard.jpg

This is an oldie-but-a-goodie.... Have seen it all over the Internet, but it originate in our Hometown!!

Saskatoon-billboard.jpg

By now, everyone has likely seen that digital rotating billboard at Garlington and Woodruff.

This is just a thought, but ... wouldn't it be kinda cool if every single one of the old-style billboards in Greenville County were taken down and replaced with a smattering of these digital types in strategic locations, especially along the interstates? Sure, we'd miss the creative 3-D aspect that the old-fashioned billboards sometimes have, but think of how much neater and cleaner things would look without all of the eyesores popping up everywhere. Greenville County could possibly be a role-model and trend-setter for the rest of the state and the country if we were to somehow convince outdoor advertising companies with signs here to go fully-digital. Again - just a thought. :shades:

I like that thought! :shades:

Even better, make them use as much solar power as they can to save energy.

Even better, make them use as much solar power as they can to save energy.

This isn't a billboard, but their site is awesome and they deal with advertisement. Brains On Fire.

Yes, these guys are great. Have you checked out their YouTube.com channel?