Frank Pepe's Pizza from New Haven's Wooster Square to expand

ctman987

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tony's Pizza in Willimantic has had a long tradition and people in the area love it. I really don't like it all that much as I am not a big fan of Greek pizza which Willimantic is full of.

Middletown has some good pizza places, and nice Itailian delis. Gazepis I like the most with their tomato pie and only parmesan cheese on top.

Best pizza in Hartford is Spris Restaurant. It doesn't get much publicity because Spris is a sit down restaurant, not a pizza joint. But the pizza is as authentic Italian as it gets. Thin crust single serving pizza cooked in a brick oven by pizza makers brought here from northern Italy. It doesn't get any better. No ham and pineapple BS here...

• 11 months later...

Was at the Manchester location today. It's been a while since I was at the Wooster Street in New Haven. It seemed a little different to me than what I remembered from the New Haven visit, but still a lot better than the pizzas you find out here in Putnam.

As said earlier in this topic: good proximity, bad location.

Archived