Project on bidclerk

smeagolsfree

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless, my gut is saying the Intercontinental Hotel is what this is. He has been quiet and hush about this project from the very, very beginning. I would expect nothing less from him regarding any increase or decrease in scope of it at this point. LOL!!!

Either way, it will make an impact on the Mid-town skyline.

If it is Intercontinental, then Palmer has added about 150 rooms and about 5 to 8 floors to the original 26 floors. That would make it 31 to 34 storys and maybe 350 to 375 feet tall.

The bidclerk site update is for the Westin project; the maps must just be off. The update was to add Gresham contact info as the project architect...As to Palmer's plans I don't believe he's dropped the office plan. Rather, he has said he intends to commence on the hotel/condo tower (provided he can presell the condos) and hopes that this momentum of activity will help him generate interest by prospective office tenants (so he can commence on the office tower thereafter). Pretty risky but that's his plan as I understand it. Unless something's changed I wouldn't expect any construction activity until he's relatively certain he can presell the condos in the sales center that will open in a month or two. And of course, he'll also have so get his hotel financing finalized.

No, it means that Gresham Smith is now involved in some way with the architectural planning of the project. I don't know if that has ever been disclosed before. Once all the approvals are in hand this developer will start spending money on plans in order to begin the process of soliciting pricing from contractors. They will also presumably need to roll out a plan for preselling their condos. I think a reaonable best case start date for this project would be Fall of next year.

As to Palmer's plans I don't believe he's dropped the office plan. Rather, he has said he intends to commence on the hotel/condo tower (provided he can presell the condos) and hopes that this momentum of activity will help him generate interest by prospective office tenants (so he can commence on the office tower thereafter).

Regarding the Bidclerk item... this one is for in excess of 400 rooms in the hotel. That's similar to what Palmer's IC Hotel is to be.

The Westin will have a little over 300. Now my first instinct was that this Bidclerk item must be for another project like the much rumored W as I had not seen this before. Now I'm convinced that it's the updated post for Palmer's project as a stand-alone hotel. As such, it does look like it's grown a tad. As noted by others, that building will be the shorter of two planned. This one will be around 400' tall (+/-).

I'm thinking it's Westin too, not Intercontinental.

Regarding the Bidclerk item... this one is for in excess of 400 rooms in the hotel. That's similar to what Palmer's IC Hotel is to be.

The Westin will have a little over 300. Now my first instinct was that this Bidclerk item must be for another project like the much rumored W as I had not seen this before. Now I'm convinced that it's the updated post for Palmer's project as a stand-alone hotel. As such, it does look like it's grown a tad. As noted by others, that building will be the shorter of two planned. This one will be around 400' tall (+/-).

But, Hank, the Westin has already been announced with about 300 rooms. More importantly, I don't expect that the Metro Council will let Barker go any taller than the 205' he's been fighting to get approved.

I know it's fun to speculate but the Bidclerk website (for subscribers) specifically lists the project's Sobro address and indicates its the Westin project by name. The only news, apparently, relates to the new architect as I mentioned earlier. It's possible that they intend to change the mix but my experience with Bidclerk is that they don't always get that information correct.

I know it's fun to speculate but the Bidclerk website (for subscribers) specifically lists the project's Sobro address and indicates its the Westin project by name. The only news, apparently, relates to the new architect as I mentioned earlier. It's possible that they intend to change the mix but my experience with Bidclerk is that they don't always get that information correct.

Archived