The grinch has stolen every greeting!

dubone

How often have you gotten a greeting specific to the season (even Happy Holidays)  

33 members have voted

1. 1. How often have you gotten a greeting specific to the season (even Happy Holidays)

• All of the time
    • Most of the time
    • Sometimes
    • Rarely
    • Never
  2. 2. Do you prefer holiday greetings or not?

• I like only Merry Christmas
    • I welcome any seasonal greeting
    • I don't like any seasonal greeting

Yesterday, I got my first seasonal greeting from a retailer. I got a 'Happy New Year' after my haircut, and a 'Merry Christmas' (and a very friendly conversation) from my dry cleaner. I also got a half dozen 'byes' and one 'take it easy'.

Both of those seasonal greetings were from local independent retailers, the byes were from a mix, and the 'take it easy' was from the Teet.

(And I've got lots of Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from UPers concerned about my seasonal well being :) )

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must have been waited on by really friendly and happy people this Season. I've had a good many Merry Christmases and Happy Holidays. I've had one Happy Hannukkah (it just started Friday night). Like most everyone else, I'm happy if someone says anything at all.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukkah everybody. And for dubone, Vrolijk Kerstfeest en een Gelukkig Nieuwjaar!

^ that's also the reason why their postcard art was bland as *&$%. (with exception to the little cosmonaut tikes jigging with santa on sputnick... cause thats pretty cool.)

i'm down with any well intended pleasentry, but really.... just giving me a gift card says it all. :D

Personally, I use Happy Holidays! Having worked in retail/customer service many years ago, I discovered quickly you could step on the "PC" toes by saying "Merry Christmas." Most people are pleased with that, and if they have a problem with the double H, they need to get in the spirit and spend more money! :D

Yeah, so Happy Hanukah, Merry Christmas and all the rest everyone! I've seen several Menorah cars this year. I'm Christian but love seeing them (especially when they light up with the days). I also like it when Jewish people wish me a Happy Hanukah simply because I'm glad they're enjoying their holiday. So wish me what you want. Wanna wish me a Happy Kwanzaa, umm... sure ok. I'll take anything. But I'm with the posters who are a little tired of the old generic Happy Holidays. If you want to celebrate diversity then it's fun to hear it all. I'm not offended.

Well, I kind of think the theory on this not being store policy at least some places is not seeming true to me. I actually said 'Happy Holidays' to a Disney Store employee last night after spending $100 bucks, and I got a 'Good bye' in reply.

I'm tempted to be insulted, but I just don't know what to make of it.

Archived