Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NcSc74

Best Christmas parade experience you remember

9 posts in this topic

My best is in the town of Clinton (pop.9,000) about 30 miles east of Fayetteville. My grandmother always wanted us(me and my sister) to come and see. Man it was cold on those days but somehow I didn't care because the smell of the food, marching bands from surrounding counties and being downtown. It seemed like the place was alive with all of the decorations and of course the downtown merchants made an extra effort to spuce up their window displays. Even WECT tv anchors came up and covered the parade. That was a big deal for the town. AHHHH I miss that good ole eastern NC style BBQ...I miss NC :cry:

My best Christmas parade experience was in Winston-Salem when I was small. I got to ride in the Davis Dept. store float and just thought I was "hot stuff." I think I was like 4 or 5. We used to go to the parade every year and I just luved it! That year was extra special though!

The one in Greensboro. By attendance, its the largest Christmas parade in the state and the only parade in NC that has the Macy's Parade style balloons. Even WFMY News 2 hosts the parade live on tv like they do with the Macy's Parade.

the big ballons. There were alot more than pictured below

PIC021.JPG

HEY LOOK...ITS ROVER!!!

PIC048.JPG

PIC054.JPG

PIC056.JPG

PIC060.JPG

PIC033.JPG

PIC004.JPG

PIC040.JPG

NC A&T marching band

PIC010.JPG

The Asheville Christmas Parade...it is an annual Thanksgiving tradition to watch it on WLOS while prepping the house for Thanksgiving dinner.

I remember my days in Fayetteville. When my cousin & I would sell Candy & Carmel Apples we usely made about $400 to $500.

My favorite Christmas experience was in Gastonia in 1996 I was 9yrs old. I believe that was the one I saw Bill Walker in lol.

winston's used to be on thanksgiving day too back in the day. now, its held on the first saturday in december.

speaking of A&T, arent they the best band in the country!

:thumbsup: