Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Telmnstr

4 billion dollar project announced for Va. Beach

360 posts in this topic

whoa, the statest tallest building? That would mean taller than the Westin at 38-39 storeys. :shades:

I wonder if all of this development will be located at the Oceanfront? I hope not..

I saw that on Pilot Online and IMMEDIATELY came here - lol. $2 billion is a bit ambitious. This is Va Beach we are talking, not Florida or California. I usually don't have much to say here, but there are several things that are going though my head right now. Until more details are released, I'm not going to raise much of a ruckus.

-_-

Is Dubai running out of places to build artificial islands and desert oasis destinations?

Did you hear the large boom? That was my jaw hitting the ground! :shok:

"The investors hope to turn the city from a mid-sized East Coast vacation spot to an international tourist destination."

....Is this strictly oceanfront? or are they speaking of Town Center as well?

....Is this strictly oceanfront? or are they speaking of Town Center as well?

Makes you wonder, where are they going to build and what are they going to bring down. I will save comments until we see some plans.

I was reminded as I read the responses on Pilotonline that a tall tower probably won't be built at the Oceanfront bc of BRAC. Anyway, this is gonna be interesting to say the least.

I'm speechless. sounds like they may be anticipating the fall of Oceana. I personally say no to jet noise. Only because of the limitations the base puts on development.

Well, there is the dome site, rudee inlet site, the Oceanfront and then TC, just some off the top of my head. Maybe these 4 locales are under consideration.

:shok:

...I'll have a more appropriate response once i've read the article.

There is no way, I repeat, no way the states tallest building would be at the oceanfront. In order to earn that title it would have to be pushing a solid 600ft. As much as i'd like to see it unless they are putting it at Pembroke then I just don't see it going through. The only way I could possibly see a structure like that going at the Oceanfront is if the military and Va. Beach came to an agreement to impose a no fly zone on the stretch of the oceanfront they wish to build this tower. I don't see that happening without cries of encroachment. That being said, I am very excited about seeing even $1 billion of development come to Va. Beach and am anxious to hear more details. My gut instinct is that this is somewhat legitimate but the final product will probably be watered down with perhaps a compromise increase in height limit to 400-450ft on certain areas of the oceanfront.

Wow, that clock is ticking real slow now. :lol: I can't wait til 6.

Wow, that clock is ticking real slow now. :lol: I can't wait til 6.

Princess Anne Commons/Lake Ridge for Theme Park land. Maybe TPC for a golf resort and spa. The possibilities are endless.

This "state's tallest building" could be something like 2 ft taller than the Westin will be, so I'll keep my reservations about it. However I do love the fact that Armada Hoffler will be freaking over this development. Its about time some outside developers brought their design ideas to the area! :yahoo:

December 20, 2006 {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Last updated 5:59 PM Dec. 20

and no update........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Just saw a quick clip on channel 10. News is upcoming soon. 6:07pm now.

IT'S UP!!!!!!!!!!

That quote makes me think Armada Hoffler is gonna be S.O.L.

The proposal would include the former Dome site, Rudee Loop, the Tournament Players Club of Virginia Beach golf course, and more than nine acres near the Convention Center.

Sun Rise wants to create an amusement park and golf academy around the PGA-quality course and link it to hotels, shops and an entertainment at the other sites. The proposal dwarfs any other pitches the city has received for those sites and according to Sun Rise

I was skeptical at first but this concept would really work for us, especially the golf courses since we already have a foothold in that area. And agreed, AH better just throw in the towel on this one. :lol: This is waaay outta their league.

Sun Rise Development Company, LTD, based out of Seoul, has been talking with Beach officials since September and has proposed to invest as much as $4 billion in four city-owned properties, according to records obtained by The Virginian-Pilot through a Freedom of Information Act request.

The proposal would include the former Dome site, Rudee Loop, the Tournament Players Club of Virginia Beach golf course, and more than nine acres near the Convention Center.

Sun Rise wants to create an amusement park and golf academy around the PGA-quality course and link it to hotels, shops and an entertainment at the other sites.

I saw it on WAVY and wow !!! It's such better architecture than we have at the Oceanfront now and DAMN! Quite the transformation! High rise heaven, here we are!

I took a few pics from the concept drawings from tv. They did say there are issues because of the height of the proposed towers. I really can't imagine this for our city but it sure would be nice!

DSC03299.jpg

DSC03300.jpg

DSC03301.jpg

DSC03302.jpg