4 billion dollar project announced for Va. Beach

Telmnstr

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw that on Pilot Online and IMMEDIATELY came here - lol. $2 billion is a bit ambitious. This is Va Beach we are talking, not Florida or California. I usually don't have much to say here, but there are several things that are going though my head right now. Until more details are released, I'm not going to raise much of a ruckus.

-_-

There is no way, I repeat, no way the states tallest building would be at the oceanfront. In order to earn that title it would have to be pushing a solid 600ft. As much as i'd like to see it unless they are putting it at Pembroke then I just don't see it going through. The only way I could possibly see a structure like that going at the Oceanfront is if the military and Va. Beach came to an agreement to impose a no fly zone on the stretch of the oceanfront they wish to build this tower. I don't see that happening without cries of encroachment. That being said, I am very excited about seeing even $1 billion of development come to Va. Beach and am anxious to hear more details. My gut instinct is that this is somewhat legitimate but the final product will probably be watered down with perhaps a compromise increase in height limit to 400-450ft on certain areas of the oceanfront.

This "state's tallest building" could be something like 2 ft taller than the Westin will be, so I'll keep my reservations about it. However I do love the fact that Armada Hoffler will be freaking over this development. Its about time some outside developers brought their design ideas to the area! :yahoo:

IT'S UP!!!!!!!!!!

That quote makes me think Armada Hoffler is gonna be S.O.L.

The proposal would include the former Dome site, Rudee Loop, the Tournament Players Club of Virginia Beach golf course, and more than nine acres near the Convention Center.

Sun Rise wants to create an amusement park and golf academy around the PGA-quality course and link it to hotels, shops and an entertainment at the other sites. The proposal dwarfs any other pitches the city has received for those sites and according to Sun Rise

I was skeptical at first but this concept would really work for us, especially the golf courses since we already have a foothold in that area. And agreed, AH better just throw in the towel on this one. :lol: This is waaay outta their league.

Sun Rise Development Company, LTD, based out of Seoul, has been talking with Beach officials since September and has proposed to invest as much as $4 billion in four city-owned properties, according to records obtained by The Virginian-Pilot through a Freedom of Information Act request.

The proposal would include the former Dome site, Rudee Loop, the Tournament Players Club of Virginia Beach golf course, and more than nine acres near the Convention Center.

Sun Rise wants to create an amusement park and golf academy around the PGA-quality course and link it to hotels, shops and an entertainment at the other sites.

Archived