4 billion dollar project announced for Va. Beach

Telmnstr

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damnit, why didn't I invest in Tivo, why! :angry: I am going to track those renderings down wherever they may lie and post screen sized versions of them. :D Sadly, the navy won't allow this for one minute! <_< The very fact that a developer would even consider something of this size in this city though gives me hope for the future. We have to take care of this navy issue now though or we will forever remain a second tier city.

How much of the oceanfront do these height limits cover? I've think we've reached a turning point here. VB needs to decide whether to be a tourist town or a or a military town but it is obvious now that we can't be both. :(

I'm all for development but this looks overtly ambitious to me. I am skeptical that we have the infrasture to support all of this development.

Being these are S.Korean developers gives me hope. These are the type of projects they do all the time all over the Far East. Even if all of this does not come to fruition, thinking big is where you want to start. As for those comments on the pilot, where do they think the money to build roads come from. 4 billion is a good start! Can you imagine the workers that will have to be brought in to build this. If it happens it will be a boon for the area. One guy even wrote they are trying to destroy VB! :rolleyes:

Doesn't TPC/Lake Ridge also have heigh restrictions since it is within the flight pattern between Oceana and Fentress?

I'd prefer high rises limited to TC and the Strip for now. I'm not a fan of them along Shore Dr either. TPC/Lake Ridge should be a resort in the fashion of Busch Gardens or Disney for the amusement park portion and Kiawah or Greenbrier for the golf/spa area.

Being these are S.Korean developers gives me hope. These are the type of projects they do all the time all over the Far East. Even if all of this does not come to fruition, thinking big is where you want to start. As for those comments on the pilot, where do they think the money to build roads come from. 4 billion is a good start! Can you imagine the workers that will have to be brought in to build this. If it happens it will be a boon for the area. One guy even wrote they are trying to destroy VB! :rolleyes:

I can see more modern looking towers at the convention center and at the oceanfront. But I am sure that whatever is built at TPC will be much lower density and more traditional, considering the 'conservative' style of that area of town (Colonial style government center + TPC clubhouse). Those South Koreans better whip out their American Colonial architecture book for that one!

Archived