4 billion dollar project announced for Va. Beach

Telmnstr

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are only hearing the Vabeach city counsel side of things. I truly believe that they were insulted by the way Vabeach handled the proposal as a joke. If someone blew me off I would have a crappy attitude to them as well. I would really love to hear the other side of it and see what was said behind closed doors that we aren't being told.

We are only hearing the Vabeach city counsel side of things. I truly believe that they were insulted by the way Vabeach handled the proposal as a joke. If someone blew me off I would have a crappy attitude to them as well. I would really love to hear the other side of it and see what was said behind closed doors that we aren't being told.

I would agree... but what was said would probably piss me off so it's better I don't know :lol:

It is a shame that it was dropped for another reason --- Sun Rise may not wish to invest and build here (as in, regionally) ever again. I hope that isn't the case (and maybe when the market swings back, whenever that may be they might re-enter our market?)...

I suspect they were hoping VB would focus on the 4 billion dollar carrot. Just like the lottery, when the pot is big everyone plays. Who gets the most? The one who puts up the pot. Sunrises oversight was the navy, who would have to approve of just about every aspect of their proposals. To many hurdles for them to jump and in their eyes to many palms to greese. I maybe wrong but usually when something is to good to be true it is. VB is lucky this never took off. I have a feeling these guys would have played hard ball when the time was right.

• 1 month later...

South Korean firm walks away from Beach development

In late February, Dave Hansen, the city's finance chief, said he thought Kang was no longer interested in the Beach after the firm went nearly two months without communicating. Inexplicably, Kang e-mailed the city 10 days later. Kang's letter, released by the city this week after a Freedom of Information Act request, said Sun Rise expected to hear from City Manager Jim Spore by the end of March. The letter assumed that by then, the City Council would have decided what to do with Kang's proposal. "There was no answer on March from City," Lee wrote in her e-mail. Hansen explained that city leaders talk to all firms interested in developing in Virginia Beach, but that when projects have competition, the process moves slower.

Archived