4 billion dollar project announced for Va. Beach

Telmnstr

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never, ever, imagined anything like this truly would come to Va. Beach. Not even in my dreams. This is

something that I thought may happen long after I leave this earth. I don't think i'm even gonna sleep well tonight, lol. They'll probably have some clearer renderings in the paper tommorrow.

$150 Million Hotel to open in Va beach

So does this project impact that project at all? The largest undeveloped tract in Virginia Beach, and we're talking about 4 of them in this discussion. I hope that all this wishful thinking (i'm all for the project but i'm with vdogg, i think it's a pipe dream) doesn't prevent realistic projects from falling to the wayside. I think that TC needs to remain the urban hub, and midrises would be fine for TPC and the others. This project does look phenomenal, even if we can't find good renderings besides urban's.

$150 Million Hotel to open in Va beach

So does this project impact that project at all? The largest undeveloped tract in Virginia Beach, and we're talking about 4 of them in this discussion. I hope that all this wishful thinking (i'm all for the project but i'm with vdogg, i think it's a pipe dream) doesn't prevent realistic projects from falling to the wayside. I think that TC needs to remain the urban hub, and midrises would be fine for TPC and the others. This project does look phenomenal, even if we can't find good renderings besides urban's.

The Pilot article makes it seem possible, the WAVY makes it seem far fetched. I didnt like the tone, things like 'out of the Jetsons' 'pie in the sky', the tone when he points out the individual sites, and Councilman Dyer's remarks about bringing AH to the table, the whole tone of the piece was, we're not advanced or hip, we want the same old same old, we should welcome them with open arms, not snub them and hope that AH and CMSS put together an 'innovative' (read: boring) same old thing for the available land in VB.

This whole thing is mind blowing... I am sitting here and realizing, I can not put any words here... I don't even know what I am thinking! Anyone looked for the companies website?

This could just be the arrogance of the developer showing through too. Obviously, through the scale and size of these developments, he does not understand the challenges ahead for these projects, or how the politics of this area will affect the project. Having a project with a grand amusement park, 50+ story condos and hotels spews arrogance IMO. But I still like it!

I think it can be fishing.....by city. Virginia Beach may be using this proposal as leverage against local developers to "up" the quality of their projects. There may never be the intention of using this proposal by the South Koreans, more as a "see-what-we-COULD-do?". Politics can work two ways.

All I can say is... wow! If a man is looking to spend 4 billion dollars in your city, you don't scale back his welcome. Why is everyone so pessimistic? This can only be a good thing. If it doesn't happen, it will only force others to kick it up a notch. BAM! :D What a Christmas present from South Korea!

Archived