Baker College Culinary Arts to build Downtown Muskegon

drinsema-sybenga

Exerpt from Chronicle article

Preliminary plans for the downtown facility include a casual fine dining restaurant that will be open to the public, said Amidon. The restaurant will also serve as a "hands-on" classroom where students will sharpen their cooking techniques and table service skills.

A bakery and retail outlet where the public can purchase baked goods and gourmet meals to heat and serve at home will also be housed in the new building, said Amidon. Plans also call for a a special pastry lab, a temperature- and humidity-controlled lab for specialty chocolate and sugar designs, three hot food labs and a state-of-the-art demonstration classroom.

Full Story

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I've heard that not only will this include a restaurant and bakery, but also a candy shop to sell candy they make on site. This project should really be a draw for other neighboring developments because you know the culinary arts school will be there to stay. There won't be the risk of them relocating to the suburbs like a normal business could, so this should make other businesses more secure about taking the plunge into downtown.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Pretty decent looking building. I saw it in person back in January when I was in the area for a few days. I have to say that the plaza looks like an awful lot of wasted space unless it gets some benches and plantings. Looks like a missed opportunity to me.

Pretty decent looking building. I saw it in person back in January when I was in the area for a few days. I have to say that the plaza looks like an awful lot of wasted space unless it gets some benches and plantings. Looks like a missed opportunity to me.

Archived