Mixed-Use PUD's heading for Bentonville

masons_dad1

Abbey Road is a 30-acre planned-unit development off Arkansas Highway 12 near the Wildwood subdivision. The mixed-use PUD will hold five commercial lots, approximately 252 apartment units, and 38 townhouses. Abbey Road was originally part of Homeplace, a larger development that also included assisted living. Obert Two LLC bought the 30-acre Abbey Road parcel from the previous owner.

Arbor Springs is a planned-unit development south of Arkansas Highway 12 and west of Bright Road. The planned-unit development will contain five commercial lots fronting Arkansas 12, two large apartment lots and about 40 townhouse units that will sit north of the Wildwood subdivision, Phase IV. The developer is Obert Two LLC.

Obert Two LLC also submitted large-scale development plans for one section of multifamily apartments holding approximately 260 units, according to engineer Phil Swope with Gray Rock Consulting Inc.

The apartments will be characterized by parking lots fronting the roads, with the buildings set far back from the street. A large detention pond sits in the southwest corner of the development, near the townhouses.

No maps or renders currently available.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These sound like great developments for the city. I'm glad they're going out to the western part of the city, which is the part that is sprawling out of control. I don't think these will be the kind of NU developments were seeing in Fayetteville, but they are more welcomed than a cookie cutter neighborhood.

These sound like great developments for the city. I'm glad they're going out to the western part of the city, which is the part that is sprawling out of control. I don't think these will be the kind of NU developments were seeing in Fayetteville, but they are more welcomed than a cookie cutter neighborhood.

Just wondering, do you think there is a lot of interest in these kind of developments up in Bentonville? I've noticed how alot of them have just sort of disappeared. I wonder if thats due to a lack of interest or developers just biting off more than they can chew.

Regardless, I hope this new one is great. It would be nice to see Springdale or Rogers get some of these going but I'm not holding my breath. Actually I think these things would do great in towns like West Fork or Greenland. Fantastic views with planty of greenfield available. But, once again I'm not holding my breath :thumbsup:

Abbey Road is a 30-acre planned-unit development off Arkansas Highway 12 near the Wildwood subdivision. The mixed-use PUD will hold five commercial lots, approximately 252 apartment units, and 38 townhouses. Abbey Road was originally part of Homeplace, a larger development that also included assisted living. Obert Two LLC bought the 30-acre Abbey Road parcel from the previous owner.

Arbor Springs is a planned-unit development south of Arkansas Highway 12 and west of Bright Road. The planned-unit development will contain five commercial lots fronting Arkansas 12, two large apartment lots and about 40 townhouse units that will sit north of the Wildwood subdivision, Phase IV. The developer is Obert Two LLC.

Obert Two LLC also submitted large-scale development plans for one section of multifamily apartments holding approximately 260 units, according to engineer Phil Swope with Gray Rock Consulting Inc.

The apartments will be characterized by parking lots fronting the roads, with the buildings set far back from the street. A large detention pond sits in the southwest corner of the development, near the townhouses.

No maps or renders currently available.

i keep hearing about how the housing market is over built in bento co. for the next nine years or so. yet there's all of these developments going on. what gives? do the developers just think that what they build is going to sell -- that it's not going to affect them? or is all this over-saturation in the housing market talk just hogwash, and homes and appartments and town houses are just being sold and rented left and right? there's a disconnect in what's being said and what's being done. am i the only one that's thinking this?

i keep hearing about how the housing market is over built in bento co. for the next nine years or so. yet there's all of these developments going on. what gives? do the developers just think that what they build is going to sell -- that it's not going to affect them? or is all this over-saturation in the housing market talk just hogwash, and homes and appartments and town houses are just being sold and rented left and right? there's a disconnect in what's being said and what's being done. am i the only one that's thinking this?

• 2 weeks later...
Actually don't be surprised if you do see a very impressive MUD coming to Bentonville soon. I can't say too much because it has not been released. But it will rival almost any mixed use in Fayetteville. I have the renderings for it and will post them as soon as I am able.

Archived