New Years Eve in the Providence Area

gfecte01

A group of us are looking for a place in the Providence area to celebrate NYE. It would probably be around 5 or 6 couples (mid-to-late twenties), looking for one place to eat a nice dinner and then have drinks with some music, dancing, or whatever.

A few years ago, we went to Venus de Milo in Swansea. I

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend of a friend is putting on a party at Providence Piers. email [email protected] ofr tix and info. It is $70 per person and includes cocktails and hors d'oeuvres from 9pm to 2am. They have also reserved a block of rooms at the Radisson. This is all I know. I can't make any promises about how good or bad this might be, but thought I'd pass th einfo along anyway.

BTW. on the invite i got there was no other info - just the mail address.

Hmmm, that definitely sounds interesting, but I guess it would be rough to spend $70 and have it be completely different from what you expected. But I suppose if you get a whole bunch of friends together, how bad could it be? Thanks for the info

I thought about the boat cruise idea, but I'm assuming it's too late to reserve tickets for a bunch of people....

/\ Ha, I live in your neighborhood..... and no, I'm not the one who shoots off fireworks and noise-makers for 3 weeks straight around the 4th of July..... but I have been known to shoot a mortar off after a big Patriots victory - not since last winter though. And I managed to attract an officer on patrol who probably got a call about a gun shot. I told him I hadn't heard anything. I felt bad, and vowed not to shoot them in the West end anymore.

so i think we (fiancee and another engaged couple) will be doing bright night this year. hwoever, the only thing we have yet to figure out is where to do dinner. any suggestions for places that will be relatively* easy to get a seat? i'm thinking trinity might not be too bad... it should be downtown though, once i park my car, i'm not moving it until we're done with the festivities.

* relatively means for new years, obviously most places will be more difficult than normal to get into.

Just called New Japan, they don't take reservations so maybe that is an option. I imagine downtown will be a busy place though. You'll probaby have a tough time getting a table at most places. Best bet is a place that doesn't take reservations, or one that leaves some room for walk-ins.

Just called New Japan, they don't take reservations so maybe that is an option. I imagine downtown will be a busy place though. You'll probaby have a tough time getting a table at most places. Best bet is a place that doesn't take reservations, or one that leaves some room for walk-ins.

/\ Ha, I live in your neighborhood..... and no, I'm not the one who shoots off fireworks and noise-makers for 3 weeks straight around the 4th of July..... but I have been known to shoot a mortar off after a big Patriots victory - not since last winter though. And I managed to attract an officer on patrol who probably got a call about a gun shot. I told him I hadn't heard anything. I felt bad, and vowed not to shoot them in the West end anymore.

Archived