New Years Eve in the Providence Area

gfecte01

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did the Bright Night thing and it was fun. I was confused why there wasn't a Waterfire. Also downtown seemed relatively dead for being NYE. Just seemed like a busy Saturday night. It wasn't like it was cold or something.

First I have to say that both fireworks displays were great! I watched the Midnight fireworks from in front of the statehouse. Having the fireworks almost directly overhead was awesome! The finale was the most intense fireworks I have attended. The proximity was key. I felt each boom and the pressure from each shock wave. During the finale it felt like the air was pressing down on me. I think my senses were oveloaded. Visually the fireworks transformed into streams of light flying at me. I was actually a little scared. I have never taken LSD but I can imagine that that was it's like to be tripping.

Fireworks aside I was a little disappointed with the turnout. Maybe when the three towers are online and occupied there will be a little more excitement downcity.

Archived