Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cltheel.sdl

Urban Photo Contest - December *FINAL POLL*

Best Charlotte neighborhood shot   44 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Clement in the Trees
    • Historic NoDa
    • Urban Thicket in Dilworth
    • Beware of Fence, Flowers, Angels, and Dog

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

Since we didn't have a good turnout for entries for December's photo contest, I've decided to just make one final poll. Choose the best urban Charlotte neighborhood shot. This poll will be closed December 30th at 11:59 PM.

Clement in the Trees - dubone

320131393_91bd4dde28_o.jpg

Historic NoDa - cantnot

nodahr5.jpg

Urban Thicket in Dilworth - DaAchiever

IMG_0505.jpg

Beware of Fence, Flowers, Angels, and Dog - dubone

320128288_a9671755fe_o.jpg

Tough choice. I love Dubone's "Beware" but I "Thicket" captured more of the month's theme for me. Of the bunch, this best represented Charlotte's old neighborhoods.

Urban Thicket for me. It embodies the true character of Charlotte, and what makes it a unique and appealing city to all who move here.

Charlotte is a city of neighborhoods, simply put. The trees, homes and the uniqueness of each neighborhood bring Charlotte its identity. (while many are still searching for CLT to have one. -_- Including me. )

In my opinion, we sometimes strive too hard to acheive some world-class status (or whatever that means), while overlooking what already makes it attractive to people the world over.

Hopefully with proper planning, & transit we can better knit together the patchwork of neighborhoods into this quilt we call Charlotte.

A2

:)

I am biased a tad and of course voted for my own hood, Dilworth :thumbsup: I concur with A2. The Charlotte metro overall is new and sprawling, and struggling to find an identity. However, the older streetcar neighborhoods do give the city some heart and soul. I am glad there are historic protections for them and they need to be made stronger.

Could someone please close this thread. January's theme is holiday photos in urban Charlotte environments. The deadline January 10th at 11:59 PM.