Tennessee 10th Fastest Growing State

MidTenn1

Tennessee 10th Fastest Growing State

Population Tops 6,000,000

According to The 'Tennessean", the Census Bureau reports the Tennessee's numerical growth between July, 2005 and July, 2006 ranked 10th in the nation. The top ten includes:

1. Texas 579,275

2. Florida 321,697

3. California 303,402

4. Georgia 231,388

5. Arizona 213,311

6. North Carolina 184,046

7. Washington 103,899

8. Colorado 90,082

9. Nevada 83,228

10. Tennessee 83,058

SOURCE: U.S. Census Bureau

The total population has now exceeded the 6,000,000 mark.

Many people don't believe Tennessee has such a large and growing population. I have been to meetings where Federal Officials fly in to Nashville for a workshop and make some stupid remark how Tennessee is a 'small state'. Makes me want to grab him/her by the shoulders and shake some sense into them (LOL). It is tough to overcome such ignorance/predjudice and convince policy makers that Tennessee is indeed a significant part of America's urban growth and has big time issues to resolve.

One statistical oddity in this points to the fact that Tennessee is exactly 1/50th of the USA's population, which recently topped the 300,000,000 mark.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A noteworthy fact is the fact that the growth in Tennessee's population is accelerating at a high rate. Below are the population increases for Tennessee each year since 2001 for Tennessee. Do you see a trend here?

2001 to 2002 - Up 41,856

2002 to 2003 - Up 46,025

2003 to 2004 - Up 51,239

2004 to 2005 - Up 70,148

2005 to 2006 - Up 83,058

If this trend continues, we will be seeing more than 100,000 new residents added to Tennessee each year in a very short time. Next year, perhaps?

Nothing is wrong here. This is reporting the news and there is no competition here. Some would say it would be a bad thing for any state to be on the list. Along with growth comes inceased traffic, crime, and taxes. But the good side is a stronger economy, jobs, and diversity.

My question is where the growth in the state is. My guess would be the middle TN area would top the list.

Nothing is wrong here. This is reporting the news and there is no competition here. Some would say it would be a bad thing for any state to be on the list. Along with growth comes inceased traffic, crime, and taxes. But the good side is a stronger economy, jobs, and diversity.

My question is where the growth in the state is. My guess would be the middle TN area would top the list.

• 2 months later...

Archived