What would YOU like to see come to UP?

Neo

If you have a request for a feature at UrbanPlanet.org that is not currently available OTHER than new forums please let us know. Be reasonable of course, it has to be doable, but we want to know your wishes for this site! Thanks in advance!

• 5 months later...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some work on the simcity section while it isnt to big. make subforums like a city journal section, bug and tech iss. help, look around... for simcity forums LOL. the biggest one is http://ww.simtropolis.com . go see what they have in the sc4 section, do some of what they have- there the most-loved sc4 site anyways, so dont be afraid of copying or anything. heck, if u dont wana ill just do it myself since im registered.

some work on the simcity section while it isnt to big. make subforums like a city journal section, bug and tech iss. help, look around... for simcity forums LOL. the biggest one is http://ww.simtropolis.com . go see what they have in the sc4 section, do some of what they have- there the most-loved sc4 site anyways, so dont be afraid of copying or anything. heck, if u dont wana ill just do it myself since im registered.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

heh, Neo did say anything except forums :) That includes sub-forums. Sim City is going to need to see alot more activity before subforums will become necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe we can already do this through "My Controls".. but what i would like is the option, when you open up a topic to go automatically to the most recent post (or at least page with most recent post) rather than seeing the oldest post first.

newest post first would be better imo.

We could use some improvement on the sim city area. I mean some people are hard core with that game including me, but I do think that we need some more people to come from simtropolis.com to this site. Maybe some people including myself could do a little adverising at that site to lure some of them over to here.

Go for it! If we can recruit enough people who provide quality content it can only aid in growing the site. If we can maintain a high enough level of activity, and with enough participation, I don't see why we couldn't expand the Sim City section.

As for advertizing, put a link to the UrbanPlanet site and/or a link to the SimCity@Urban Planet page, and make it fairly large, like this:

SimCity@UrbanPlanet

SimCity@UrbanPlanet

• 2 weeks later...

more negative smileys, showing stuborn, snob, VERY mad, exploding-mad, ect... just think of some

i mean the site needs some, the only ones there are are these:

<_<  -_-  :(  :angry:  :cry:  :sick:  :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is our hope that people would have little need for angry emoticons. We would hope that they are enjoying their time here.

i noticed that the forum was re-organized. do you think we could go back to how it was yesterday? because it just makes everyone have to click more and i dont know i just dont like everything being organized by region. it might just be me btu i iked having th main page with diferent states on it how it was. anyone else feel the same way?

i noticed that the forum was re-organized. do you think we could go back to how it was yesterday? because it just makes everyone have to click more and i dont know i just dont like everything being organized by region.  it might just be me btu i iked having th main page with diferent states on it how it was.  anyone else feel the same way?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really like the new home page ... I think it's great to have an introduction to the members and visitors as designed by the UP team. Also reading up on current articles and links related to the topics on UP is great ... good job. I like it. :thumbsup:

I really like the new home page ... I think it's great to have an introduction to the members and visitors as designed by the UP team.  Also reading up on current articles and links related to the topics on UP is great ... good job. I like it. :thumbsup:

:D Glad to hear it josita!!

I like the new regional section.  Its much more compact and organized.  Before it was just a long list of places.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what we were trying to accomplish. And as we continue to attract more members and add new subforums, that list was only going to get longer.

We probably have some more tweeking to do to it, but this is pretty much the direction we want it to go in.

On the new member front, we've been having new people sign up at a very rapid pace. :thumbsup:

Archived