2006 Population Estimate

vbfl85

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah obviously we all know why Louisiana lost population. Some of our gains are probably from them as well. I have wondered about where exactly all the people from south and eastern Arkansas are moving to. If they're mainly staying in state and moving to area like Little Rock, Jonesboro and NWA or if there's a good percentage of them leaving the state. I think Little Rock and NWA have also been attracting people from out of state as well.

Yeah obviously we all know why Louisiana lost population. Some of our gains are probably from them as well. I have wondered about where exactly all the people from south and eastern Arkansas are moving to. If they're mainly staying in state and moving to area like Little Rock, Jonesboro and NWA or if there's a good percentage of them leaving the state. I think Little Rock and NWA have also been attracting people from out of state as well.

There do seem to be a fair amount of Californians in NWA now. That is purely a perception. There are also a good number of CA residents owning land in and around Bentonville.

Isn't it funny that 50-70 years ago so many Arkies were leaving here for CA and now they are coming here.

There do seem to be a fair amount of Californians in NWA now. That is purely a perception. There are also a good number of CA residents owning land in and around Bentonville.

Isn't it funny that 50-70 years ago so many Arkies were leaving here for CA and now they are coming here.

Yes there is without a doubt quite a few Californians in NWA. One year back in the 90's they broke it down, although I'm not sure if those were estimates or what. But the only states to have sent more people that year to Fayetteville were Oklahoma and Missouri. Which are our two closest neighbors of course. Despite real estate prices where they are they still see NWA as a cheap place to buy a house and live. Although this isn't limited to just NWA, Californians are really moving into a number of areas across the country. Many are escaping the high prices out there. I knew a couple of Californians who ended up picking NWA because their grandparents had left Arkansas during the dust bowl days.

DFW is absolutely filling with them. You can get a home for 1/3 of the price. I met quite a few retirees that actually left CA for rural Arkansas. Many built there homes for less than $50k and sold them for more than $500k and used that money to live a good life in rural Arkansas.

There are more people from out of the country, too. I know an Iranian woman and recently met someone from Turkey. Also several new German folk around

And I'm from Chicago, which is a whole other country.

We're getting continental here. :D

Archived