The law picks on speeders how about people that go to slow on busy roads.

stereoboy76

Hi, I love Tennessee and Nashville and Murfreesboro. I know speeding and crazy driving is dangerous, but how about the people to go slow (mostly in the left lanes) on Interstates and main roads around Middle Tennessee. There are people that will travel at 50-60 Mph in the left land in a 70mph zone. I believe that is more of a hazard than a speeder because several cars will be trying to pass the one in the left lane going slow. Also there are a small handful that will go very slow and even stop on on ramps. This is also very dangerous. I feel vehicles should be traving as fast as the traffic in the right lane when it is time to merge on. If someone is stopped of corse noone will let them on. If the slow one would stay right and let the fast ones by there would be less road rage in the area. You never know the one behind they slow one cuold be trying to get themselves or a loved one to the hospital. If I am going fast I will let a faster one by, think of it this way I let the faster one go, they will get the ticket before I will in most cases. Also by leting a faster one go I have less chance of getting into a road rage incodent. If everyone would look out for one another on our roads instead of traveling slow or stopping for no reason our rush hours would move alot smoother. If your a cop and reading this how about pulling over the person going 10 miles under the speedlimit (with dry roads) in the left lane, talking on the cell phone. I just like to be able to travel the speedlimit using crusie control and not having to break for someone that decides to just slow down for no reason. OK I am done complaining now God Bless everyone and let's see y'alls replies to this.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most Americans wonder how the German Autobahn has a lower death rate than the U.S. Highways. The reason is (besides the fact that it is hard to get a license in Germany; for this very reason) is because the number one rule on the Autobahn is "Drive Right". This not only means the obvious (don't be an idiot), but mainly to move right for faster traffic. Most places in the U.S., people simply dont pay attention behind them. The average driver watches the front two corners of their car. Drive in the congested parts of a major city (Chicago, NYC) and you find yourself watching all four corners of your auto.

I personally feel confident enough in my driving abilities to go 90 on the interstate. I don't for the fear of legal altercations. However, I feel my life is put in more danger by someone entering, merging at 40mph in front of an 18wheeler, than someone safely passing at 10 mph faster than I am.

Either way you feel about the subject, please, please, plan ahead and check your rearview every 5-10 seconds. Thats all you need to do to make everyones life happier and safer. And by God, move over, as opposed to being run over!

Drive Safely! :D

i believe another problem on the interstates in town is the hov lane. it is basically pointless because it is never enforced. i have never once seen someone get pulled over for a hov lane infraction. i see countless people in rush hour with just themselves in the car in the left lane (passing troopers by the way!). it would help traffic flow better if they just did away with it. that or actually enforce it. by not enforcing it, you get the slower people who do abide by the 2 person minimum mixing with the single driver who is trying to fly down the left side. something has got to give.

I agree our HOV lanes are pointless in most cases. You look at Atlanta's (which seem to work usually) and how they have the double line so you can only enter the HOV lane at one point, then cross out to go to an exit. That way you are not supposed to be able to use it to just get over really quick and pass somebody.

Hi, I love Tennessee and Nashville and Murfreesboro. I know speeding and crazy driving is dangerous, but how about the people to go slow (mostly in the left lanes) on Interstates and main roads around Middle Tennessee. There are people that will travel at 50-60 Mph in the left land in a 70mph zone. I believe that is more of a hazard than a speeder because several cars will be trying to pass the one in the left lane going slow. Also there are a small handful that will go very slow and even stop on on ramps. This is also very dangerous. I feel vehicles should be traving as fast as the traffic in the right lane when it is time to merge on. If someone is stopped of corse noone will let them on. If the slow one would stay right and let the fast ones by there would be less road rage in the area. You never know the one behind they slow one cuold be trying to get themselves or a loved one to the hospital. If I am going fast I will let a faster one by, think of it this way I let the faster one go, they will get the ticket before I will in most cases. Also by leting a faster one go I have less chance of getting into a road rage incodent. If everyone would look out for one another on our roads instead of traveling slow or stopping for no reason our rush hours would move alot smoother. If your a cop and reading this how about pulling over the person going 10 miles under the speedlimit (with dry roads) in the left lane, talking on the cell phone. I just like to be able to travel the speedlimit using crusie control and not having to break for someone that decides to just slow down for no reason. OK I am done complaining now God Bless everyone and let's see y'alls replies to this.

Concerning the H.O.V. lane, the reason that the occupancy is never enforced, (at least here in Tennessee) is because of why they were built. In the im-90's, the government offered the state D.O.T.'s a major discount on highway expansion if a certain budget % went to HOV traffic. State's figured out they could expand existing highway's for very cheap (comparatively). The state D.O.T.'s ony have to maintain markers, but not enforce the law. Therefore, the state highway patrol doesn't care unless they need the extra revenue.

Concerning the H.O.V. lane, the reason that the occupancy is never enforced, (at least here in Tennessee) is because of why they were built. In the im-90's, the government offered the state D.O.T.'s a major discount on highway expansion if a certain budget % went to HOV traffic. State's figured out they could expand existing highway's for very cheap (comparatively). The state D.O.T.'s ony have to maintain markers, but not enforce the law. Therefore, the state highway patrol doesn't care unless they need the extra revenue.

yup, they only pull you over when its time for them to meet their monthly quotas, how retarded, but hey, they dont have here in Jacksonville, because EVERYONE IN ALL LANES do 75-85 in the 65 zone on 295, and 65-75 in the 55 zone in the heart of the city,near the termination of I-10

Statistically, males between the ages of 16 and 25 cause the most accidents on the highways, .... by far. Most of it is because they believe they have better driving skills than anyone else and hence the posted traffic rules should not apply to them. It would seem to me that if one is concerned about people being selfish and causing accidents on the road, then this is the bunch to go after. Thing is, I don't think there is enough rooms in the jails to hold them.

I am more scared of foolish drivers going too fast, tailgating because they think the party in front of them is going too slow, and drunk drivers. You can't do much about this bunch, but you can almost always go around slow drivers. Accidents caused by slow drivers are very rare and when they do happen it is usually when the other party is speeding.

I do agree that more education is needed for all drivers to understand the concept of passing lanes.

Archived