Merry Christmas GR

snoogit

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Fun" thing to do on Dec 24: drop in at Fred's, ask the help, "have they found the keys?"

[once finished up a project at Kinko as they searched for the keys to the front door, the first T-day they had closed in many years...]

Went past the 28th & I-96 store at 7 pm. No way they were ready to close; the parking lot looked like Black Friday!

Nothing was stolen from our house. The back door lock to the garage was broken. They were not able to get into the actual house part though because of the steel door frame and boltlock Other houses on our street were broken into as well, including the chief of police's house! Nothing was stolen from any of the homes amazingly, even though our neighbors apparently had laptops and ipods sittinng out. I'm guessing the thief was looking for guns.

Anyway, with nothing stolen, it ended up being a great Christmas. My family is now preparing the big Christmas dinner, although I'm really full from eating a whole bunch of cookies at my aunt's house earlier today.

I thought I'd share with you all my family's christmas tree!

333127629_d9fec28cf8_b.jpg

My Mom is just really good at decorating. I didn't realize how postcard like it was until I looked at it on my computer. The roaring fire, the tree and wreath, and the cat sleeping.

I enjoy coming home to this kind of stuff. All I did was hang up a bright blue string of LED lights on the front of our apartment-house back in Ann Arbor.

Must have looked real inviting to come home to a nice clean house with a roaring fire, and all your family members there. But im sure you cant wait to get back to your apartment. lol.

Like after i go to visit my family, sometimes i feel like i need a vacation to have some time to myself. Especially after Christmas time, having to pretend that Santa is real so my young cousins dont cry, and my aunt doesnt kill me, lol, Coming home and just chilling for a few days is really nice.

Must have looked real inviting to come home to a nice clean house with a roaring fire, and all your family members there. But im sure you cant wait to get back to your apartment. lol.

Like after i go to visit my family, sometimes i feel like i need a vacation to have some time to myself. Especially after Christmas time, having to pretend that Santa is real so my young cousins dont cry, and my aunt doesnt kill me, lol, Coming home and just chilling for a few days is really nice.

Ironic you say that Veloise. I felt really bad for two friends who I allowed to stay in my apartment over winter break in Ann Arbor. They are both from India and it was too expensive for them to go home. They also live in the dorms, and U of M shuts them down between Dec 22nd - Jan 1st and they force everyone to leave to go home or visit friend/relatives elsewhere since no one is there to monitor the buildings. So I figured I'd let them stay in my apartment cheap, and just pay for the cost of any food they consume and electricity they use. I felt really bad though because around Christmas, nothing is open in Ann Arbor. Nearly every 24 hour establishment is closed too, just because there is no one to work shifts, and obviously the lack of business on Christmas. Fortunately, they have relatives stopping by today, but for the past few days I'm sure it must have been miserable.

As for me, I can always count on being with family during the holidays. Typically we go to Chicago for new Years, but becasue my sister is flying back to LA early, I'm going to hang out with my high school friends.

I'm looking forward to that, because I hate it when the excitement all ends. I have to go to work tomorrow at my summer job at the architecture firm. Work was optional for me, but I need the money so I'll be working Tues, Wed, and Thursday.

Cascade Fred parking lot about midnight 12-26:

fred-lot.jpg

(Tamias, I shot this just for you. When else can one get a clear view of the architectural features, other than the one day of the year the place is closed?)

And L@@K! There are people in the store! They aren't supposed to be open for business for another 6 hours...there was someone in the HBA area cleaning the floor, and in this picture is: a greeter. In her Meijer shirt and black pants, standing in the greeter location.

fred12-25.jpg

Why would they have a greeter on duty if they weren't letting customers come in?

Makes me wonder...if I came in desperate for some produce and band-aids and motor oil and film, would they sell it to me?

Cascade Fred parking lot about midnight 12-26:

fred-lot.jpg

(Tamias, I shot this just for you. When else can one get a clear view of the architectural features, other than the one day of the year the place is closed?)

And L@@K! There are people in the store! They aren't supposed to be open for business for another 6 hours...there was someone in the HBA area cleaning the floor, and in this picture is: a greeter. In her Meijer shirt and black pants, standing in the greeter location.

fred12-25.jpg

Why would they have a greeter on duty if they weren't letting customers come in?

Makes me wonder...if I came in desperate for some produce and band-aids and motor oil and film, would they sell it to me?

Archived