Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vicupstate

Toll Roads 0-2 in SC

8 posts in this topic

I had thought the Hilton Head Road was doing fine, but apparently, it is not do as well as I had thought. The Hilton Head Road actually makes sense to use, as opposed to the Greenville Southern Connector, which suffers from an inefficient routing.

The Southern Connector is in financial straits as well.

Hilton Head Toll Road facing money difficulties.

Part of the problem is that they decided not to use the EZ Pass thing in HHI, so the yankees that come down have to stop at the polls. If they used the same system that the rest of the toll roads in the North use, they would likely make more money.

The Southern Connector will come around as developments occur along the road and Greenville grows that way. Admittedly, it was about 5-10 years ahead of its time, but that doesn't mean it is doomed to failure. It is a good route for people passing through Greenville from Atlanta to Columbia, and vice versa. There are already some good developments occurring along the Connector, which will also cause people to use the road. Hopefully, the toll road in Hilton Head will come around also.

The Southern Connector will come around as developments occur along the road and Greenville grows that way. Admittedly, it was about 5-10 years ahead of its time, but that doesn't mean it is doomed to failure. It is a good route for people passing through Greenville from Atlanta to Columbia, and vice versa. There are already some good developments occurring along the Connector, which will also cause people to use the road. Hopefully, the toll road in Hilton Head will come around also.

The matrix and michelin are companies that are easy to get to using the connector if you live in powdersville/piedmont/easley area. I would go this way to simpsonville also to get to 385 but i dont want to pay the toll.

Part of the problem is that they decided not to use the EZ Pass thing in HHI, so the yankees that come down have to stop at the polls. If they used the same system that the rest of the toll roads in the North use, they would likely make more money.

I have no idea. I just recall reading that HHI decided not to go with the EZ Pass for wahever reason. I thought it was a radio transmitter device of some sort. Could be wrong though.

I think it is similiar to some sort of Radio Frequency Identification. They contain a small chip that can hold some information but it is very small. When you pass through it can be read/written too. I had a wireless class as part of my computer tech degree and we also talked about this. I think it is similiar to the "implants" of the future that people will be getting so they can be scanned entering a building. That is another topic however and probably way off in the future. here is a link explaining more.

http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Technology-A...le.asp?ArtNum=2