James Brown

socaguy

It was a huge suprise this morning when I heard on the radio on my way to Augusta that James Brown had died at an an Atlanta hospital. I didnt even know he was sick. He had just passed out Christmas presents to sick children at MCG the other day, from my understanding. Although the hardest working man in show business had problems throughout his life, he was definately a caring and giving individual, and will be missed by many fellow Augustans.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a rags to riches story James Brown was. He grew up in the poorest of places in Augusta and became the godfather of soul. I felt like Augusta never embraced Mr. Brown like one its own for some reason. Hopefully they make some kind of museum of some sort. A true legend, he deserve more than that James Browm Arena... Augusta!

^ There were (are?) many in this city who never seemed to cut James Brown any slack. No matter what, the smallest mistake and they were all over him. I'm not sure if it's that just human nature or what, but he was a good man and he did a lot for this city. It's very sad.

Archived