Downtown Biz Owners Want New Mayor

grock

An increasing number of downtown business owners are saying they want a new Mayor. They say the mayor has been silent on the increase of downtown crime, and Saturday's shooting outside Trumbull Kitchen was the final straw. If you are not safe there, then where are you safe? I've heard they are upset by the departure of three major employers under the Perez administration: Mass Mutual, ING, and WFSB, with no replacements. The mayor has worsened the parking system: More meter maids and fewer spaces. The mayor has failed to get a new parking garage built (Morgan Street was proposed under Mayor Peters) and he has failed to develop empty parking lots. Most of the development is the result of the state. Keep your eyes on the Courant, the mayor's support of the union at the Convention Center is about to cost downtown another big high profile event.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An increasing number of downtown business owners are saying they want a new Mayor. They say the mayor has been silent on the increase of downtown crime, and Saturday's shooting outside Trumbull Kitchen was the final straw. If you are not safe there, then where are you safe? I've heard they are upset by the departure of three major employers under the Perez administration: Mass Mutual, ING, and WFSB, with no replacements. The mayor has worsened the parking system: More meter maids and fewer spaces. The mayor has failed to get a new parking garage built (Morgan Street was proposed under Mayor Peters) and he has failed to develop empty parking lots. Most of the development is the result of the state. Keep your eyes on the Courant, the mayor's support of the union at the Convention Center is about to cost downtown another big high profile event.

Sources please. Or is this mainly your personal opinion, as I suspect? We know by now what you think of the mayor so there is no need to hind behind the veil of "downtown business owners." By no means am I suggesting that you aren't entitled to your opinion but let's be honest here...

Sources please. Or is this mainly your personal opinion, as I suspect? We know by now what you think of the mayor so there is no need to hind behind the veil of "downtown business owners." By no means am I suggesting that you aren't entitled to your opinion but let's be honest here...

Archived