Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firefox

USC's Historic Horseshoe

18 posts in this topic

GREAT pics, Firefox. :thumbsup: You shoud post a few in the "South Carolina's 'Beautiful Places" thread in the SC forum and the "Southern Photos of the Day" thread in the USA South forum.

It's a beautiful place. Planner Andres Duany says he thinks it's even more beauitful than UVA -- which is saying something.

I sure wish they could sandblast that old logo off the smokestack though... "*The* USC" was such a huge branding blunder. ;)

I always liked USC, but I hadn't ever noticed the "the" until just now... looks like they tried to remove it though. Fantastic pictures of my alma mater! :)

Well leave it to a current USC student and Daily Gamecock photographer remember the DG solgan "Nobody Covers USC Better"

I always liked USC, but I hadn't ever noticed the "the" until just now... looks like they tried to remove it though. Fantastic pictures of my alma mater! :)

Yea, and now they're suing because of our baseball hats... but I think the judge said more than likely he was going to throw it out of court due to the simple fact we're about 70yrs older.

I assume you mean Southern Cal. We were a school before California was even a state. I'll give credit to those who want to distinguish the orginal USC from that other one, even though adding "The" may not be the best way to do it. SC means South Carolina. Period. If anything, they need to change their letters to USCA, as we have the more legitimate claim.

When I first started looking at colleges waay back, I went to www.usc.edu, and I was really confused about this random school in California, having never heard of them in my life until that point.

GREAT pics, Firefox. :thumbsup: You shoud post a few in the "South Carolina's 'Beautiful Places" thread in the SC forum and the "Southern Photos of the Day" thread in the USA South forum.

Yea, and now they're suing because of our baseball hats... but I think the judge said more than likely he was going to throw it out of court due to the simple fact we're about 70yrs older.

^I think it was when I was in the 8th grade (98-99), because I remember the year before they made us learn all the letters along with the capitals, and then the next year I had to go back and relearn that junk.

Well, back in the eighties, the judge ruled for Southern Cal saying that they were the more well known school.

HAHA I haven't heard that. Dang lawyers!

Well, back in the eighties, the judge ruled for Southern Cal saying that they were the more well known school.

Sorry I left out the 'Southern' in the previous post. Typing fingers were faster than my brain.

Regarding CA, when I was in school, California was abbreviated Calif. and Floida was abbreviated Fla. When did the post office change to the two letter (both caps) style?

There was also a football game in the mid eighties where the two USCs played each other. The tickets read "Cocks vs Trojans"

^just remember, you can't have them without us first ;)

Didn't we win that game?

Also, USC beat Southern Cal this year in basketball in overtime in their first home game in their new arena. Our all time record is 2-0 against them.