USC's Historic Horseshoe

Firefox

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume you mean Southern Cal. We were a school before California was even a state. I'll give credit to those who want to distinguish the orginal USC from that other one, even though adding "The" may not be the best way to do it. SC means South Carolina. Period. If anything, they need to change their letters to USCA, as we have the more legitimate claim.

When I first started looking at colleges waay back, I went to www.usc.edu, and I was really confused about this random school in California, having never heard of them in my life until that point.

HAHA I haven't heard that. Dang lawyers!

Well, back in the eighties, the judge ruled for Southern Cal saying that they were the more well known school.

Sorry I left out the 'Southern' in the previous post. Typing fingers were faster than my brain.

Regarding CA, when I was in school, California was abbreviated Calif. and Floida was abbreviated Fla. When did the post office change to the two letter (both caps) style?

Archived