Huntsville Metro Relocation Thread

putty

I am moving to Huntsville in the next few months and was interested in getting an apartment. I was told to check out Colonial Village at Research Park by a friend. I will be working in Cummings so this seems like an ideal place. I also saw that rent is only $500 to $700 per month. What do you guys know of this area? Is it a nice/good neighborhood? Know of any other places I could check out if this one wasn't the best? Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colonial Village is about as close as you can get to CRP. It is also close to shopping/restaurants like SuperTarget, Wal-Mart, Marshalls, CompUSA, Atlanta Bread Co., and a local favorite, Rosie's, which are all on University Drive. A rent of $500 to $700 is normal in Huntsville- it does not mean that you will be living in a bad neighborhood. Just about any neighborhood in that part of Huntsville is safe.

You have probably seen this already, but here's the website: http://www.colonialprop.com/CHM_Template.asp?m=apt

Good luck on the move. :thumbsup:

My wife and I lived in the furnished apartments there for 2 months when we first moved to Huntsville, while we looked for a house. We enjoyed it, the complex is very nice and quiet at night. There were several pools, tennis courts, volleyball courts, a small gym... The complex is extremely convienient to shopping and restaurants. Depending on what company you work at, you may even be able to walk to work. You really couldn't get any closer to the research park. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the complex.

Thanks everyone. I have actually seen the apartments via a tour and they seemed really nice. However, when I went to apartmentratings.com there were a lot of negative things about it being extremely loud, a lot of crime such as shooting, and one person even referred to it as a ghetto. My only guess is that a lot of other apartments have put negative things in there.

Here's the link to the reviews. Would you guys agree with these?

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/AL-Hu...earch-Park.html

If anyone else has an opinion about the place I would love to hear it. Thanks again.

Hmmm... I don't know what to think of those reviews. The apartments were not "luxury" by any standards, but I thought they were pretty typical of the apartment complexes that I've lived in. It looks like it used to be several apartment complexes that were merged into one big "Village" per se. Perhaps some of the other buildings aren't as nice. We were in the 6257 building and I thought it was clean and fairly spacious for a one-bedroom apartment. I didn't have any issues with the staff, they seemed fairly helpful and friendly to me. Again, we only lived there for a couple months though and I didn't have any maintenance issues.

Archived