CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Fresh Market

gs3

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its great too. I drive past that corner everyday and I'm glad finally something is going in there. A few weeks ago I stopped by there on my lunch and watched as they tore up all the old pavement and old concrete. Does anyone know whats going in first of what its even gonna look like?

While I was originally skeptical of the Fresh Market's prospects at its new location, I now think the store will do fine. I watched the mall and Pleasantburg Drive slide downhill starting in the late '90s and had seen surveys of the area that stated that there was only minimal business to be done in the area (available a while ago at pleasantburgdrive.org), but I was surprised to see large crowds at the McAlister Square Publix on Sunday and at the Camelot on Saturday night. Thus perhaps the Fresh Market will serve an untapped audience? Maybe mall-type stores will eventually return to the area as well?

Hopefully this is the spark to get Pleasantburgh and Laurens Rd. looking good. While at lunch today I took the long way back and noticed somethings happening around my work. The demolition of Beck academy is going on, behind the old Lockheed building they tore some down and the property facing S pleasantburgh is for sale, and behind Beck there is a good sized apartment building that recently went up. Not sure what kind of tenants the building is gonna hold but it looks decent.

^ I agree. I think this will be a spark. Considering several solid, quality businesses have remained in the area.....Garners, Land Rover, 33 Liberty, Open Book, Indian Palace, Publix, Earshot, Great Escape, Half Moon Outfitters (along with the successful reopening of Camelot) this should be a good healthy spark! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

On my way to work this morning I noticed they have a sign leaning up against the back fence showing what is supposed to go into the part facing Antrum. Didn't have the camera with me, maybe someone can snap a photo. They started pretty quick on the clean up and now they have concrete curb outlines in so far.

On my way to work this morning I noticed they have a sign leaning up against the back fence showing what is supposed to go into the part facing Antrum. Didn't have the camera with me, maybe someone can snap a photo. They started pretty quick on the clean up and now they have concrete curb outlines in so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is a brick sign (reads Vince Perone Corners) with landscaping, on the corner of Pleasantburg and Antrim Drive. Will this be the name of this new development with Fresh Market, or was this sign errected in his memory? Nice marker type of sign.

Archived