CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Fresh Market

gs3

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new Fresh Market is amazing! It doesn't feel larger, yet it does -- the aisles feel wider, and the store design feels more open. And I found Mexican Coke (made with real cane sugar!) with the other bottled drinks, which gives me yet another reason to swing out that way.

I'm also excited about the development because it's something other than a sleazy title loan place. I hope it'll make Pleasantburg more.. pleasant. :)

They're putting in a traffic signal (on metal arms) on Antrim Dr between the Camelot and The Fresh Market. This area really seems like a totally different place now. That one traffic light will help make this immediate area more pedestrian friendly. :)

While I am very glad another health food store has opened and provides a few (very few) unique items, I am not very impressed with the interior of this place. It is a slightly more appealing version of the original store location and in my opinion adds very little (other than its new facility and neighboring strip development) to the area it serves, since Garner's Natural Market & Caf

While I am very glad another health food store has opened and provides a few (very few) unique items, I am not very impressed with the interior of this place. It is a slightly more appealing version of the original store location and in my opinion adds very little (other than its new facility and neighboring strip development) to the area it serves, since Garner's Natural Market & Caf

I agree with you Skyliner. My family and I visited the new location this past Saturday. My son asked me the same question I was thinking as soon as we walked in. He asked if the new store was smaller in size. Also, there seems to be nothing new about the store. I guess many will find that as a positive. I could see why would think that but one must ask, was it the move worth the cost? Only the owners can answer that question. I wonder how much they spent to deliver the same product with the same look. Don't get me wrong, I love the store, but just cannot understand the move. I saw absolutely on increase in size of any of the departments, plus now I have to drive several more miles to get there. I will not go back unless I am in the area. I can get the same quality of products at my local Publix.

They're putting in a traffic signal (on metal arms) on Antrim Dr between the Camelot and The Fresh Market. This area really seems like a totally different place now. That one traffic light will help make this immediate area more pedestrian friendly. :)

As I understand it, they HAD to move. BiLo is taking over there old space. I'm glad to used this opportunity to add vigor to both Laurens and Pleasantburg.

Given to cost of new construction, the rent is probably higher than what they were paying, thus the need to not add additional cost by taking more space.

This is such an improvement versus the abandoned hotel and office buildings that use to be there.

Olus think of all the new smaller retailers that will eventually make this location home.

As I understand it, they HAD to move. BiLo is taking over there old space. I'm glad to used this opportunity to add vigor to both Laurens and Pleasantburg.

Given to cost of new construction, the rent is probably higher than what they were paying, thus the need to not add additional cost by taking more space.

This is such an improvement versus the abandoned hotel and office buildings that use to be there.

Olus think of all the new smaller retailers that will eventually make this location home.

I'm hearing the same about Bi-Lo taking over their old spot and expanding it to a Super Bi-Lo. Not sure what's going to happen to the University Shoppe though. A wellness store, women's apparel and accessories store, and a day spa will be part of the new Fresh Market development. Dining options will range from casual sandwich and coffee shops to a full-service restaurant. I can not name the tenants though due to ongoing negotiations.

• 1 month later...

The wood framing of a building is now up at the end of the Fresh Market parking lot, near Antrim Drive. From looking at the building, it obviously will have a drive through.....it is a small rectangular building.....assuming it will be a coffee shop......hopefully not another Starbucks. Anyone know? :dontknow:

The wood framing of a building is now up at the end of the Fresh Market parking lot, near Antrim Drive. From looking at the building, it obviously will have a drive through.....it is a small rectangular building.....assuming it will be a coffee shop......hopefully not another Starbucks. Anyone know? :dontknow:

Ha! How ironic...to have a Burger King as an outparcel of a Fresh Market. :lol:

It IS hard to imagine -- but didn't they just demolish the Burger King that was down the street on Pleasantburg, next to Tanner's Big Orange? I have no idea what they're building, but that could be a sign that BK opted for what they felt was a stronger location.

I checked into it more. It will not be a Burger King thank god. They will be putting in one of their new restaurants where the old one was next to Tanner's Big Orange like McDonald's has been doing lately. I heard at one time or another Starbuck's was going to be in this outparcel, but that might have changed since then. I know for a fact Garners, Smoothie King, and Subway will be part of this center though I don't know where they will be located in the development.

I checked into it more. It will not be a Burger King thank god. They will be putting in one of their new restaurants where the old one was next to Tanner's Big Orange like McDonald's has been doing lately. I heard at one time or another Starbuck's was going to be in this outparcel, but that might have changed since then. I know for a fact Garners, Smoothie King, and Subway will be part of this center though I don't know where they will be located in the development.

Archived