The Southeastern Building

cityboi

Well they just reported that the Southeastern Building project is facing financing delays like other downtown projects in the works. The article said its not just a downtown problem, it a trend that happening all across the country.......we gotta get them democrats back in white house.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...STAFF/854328658

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charlotte has indeed been affected. 210 Trade, the condo tower part of the Epicenter project, has been delayed. The Park is at a standstill. 300 South Tryon has also been delayed. One Charlotte was scrapped. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Just because BOA and Wachovia (which isn't doing too well these days) are headquartered here, don't think we're immune.

I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever get out of this mess in the foreseeable future? Gas prices are taking their toll on the economy, and it will not get any better unless we switch to an alternative form of energy. Then again this could be a good thing for Greensboro's downtown and many others? People will want to live closer to work and buy downtown residences.

Whether or not this most recent economic crisis will cause people to flock to the city is partially dependent on how strong a particular center city is in terms of the local job market. Some cities have heavily dispersed markets and submarkets (i.e., Atlanta), whereas others have strong downtown markets.

I don't mean to get off-topic here, but if high fuel costs, stricter lending standards, etc. don't convince officials that HOT is not a good idea, I don't know what will.

• 4 months later...

I drove by the Southeastern Building in Downtown Greensboro this morning and noticed that yellow construction tape has been put up to block the sidewalk in front of the building. Does this mean they have finally started the redevelopment? The project has been delayed due to financing issues. If work has started, GREAT!

Does anyone have any updated info?

Archived