USC's Housing

Firefox

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^Sadly, its not that great of a view. I remember not being very impressed with it. If you notice, south tower sits down in a nice little valley that actually places the top floors quite low and just ruins the view. But, the one from the top of Capstone is amazing when looking back at the skyline, but thats just my opinion.

Those pictures make me wish this whole Christmas break thing would hurry up and be over. Greenville is driving me up a wall.

I was in Cola. yesterday for the first time in several months.

Man, those Honeycomb buildings are ugly. I really noticed them for the first time in a long time yesterday. The condos next to Williams-Brice look really cool from the hilltop on Assembly (by Wendy's).

The Greek Village is pretty awesome looking, they will look much better once the landscaping gets more established and the trees get some height. That will add a lot of character.

Glad to see the Kline Steel buildings gone too.

Interesting you should mention the Honeycombs vic. When I rolled through Columbia on my way back to Rock Hill on Tuesday, I said the same thing. I guess I haven't really noticed their impact on the skyline since I usually check out the new developments in Columbia on my way back home from Rock Hill instead of vice versa. Crossing the Blossom Street bridge, I was like "Ewwww," but then after noticing all of the cranes dotting the skyline I was like "Cool."

With the exception of the neo-traditional newer dorms, and Capstone, USC has some urban nightmares for student housing! I sure hope the neo-traditional design will continue with the Honors housing and subsequent student housing.

I'll be so happy to see the Honeycombs go. Why haven't they marked the ugly ones across the street for demolition (the old Greek housing) as well? Those were supposed to go long ago when they built the new parking garage.

I'm sorry, but I think the McMansions of Greek Village look ridiculous. :sick: (There is one exception that is very handsome--it is 3 storeys and of a different architectural style from the rest--not sure which frat/sority it is.) The suburban feel of the whole area was a terrible mistake for our city core. They should've been built up to the street or better quality architecture vs. these pseudo-Taras! If I were in a frat, I would be embarrassed.

Thanks, Firefox! These are kind of bland, but a hell of a lot better than what's there! The middle rendering looks much nicer than the top one--hope those are the ones that'll prevail.

And look . . . windows! Imagine that! :D

Glad to hear the Quads ARE slated for demolition. When will that happen?

So the Towers area are you going to be for the smart kids now? LOL, Whats up with that? I thought they monopolized the Horseshoe? I stayed there 03-04 and you guys are right, I had some of the best times of my life there. Some of my best friends today, I met in that place. We knew it was a dump, but it was college and it was awesome and I already miss it. On a side note, I always kept my room clean, but that unforgiving stench of urine was embarssing when I had visitors from out of town.

I almost miss Cola with those shots. Go Cocks!!!

Archived