Hurricane Katrina Movie?

bigboyz05

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really dosen't angers me ,I think that if the movie is made it will be intresting. Quite, frankly I really don't give a damn about a movie. What really pisses me off is that people are Making movies, writing books , documentaries etc and nothing is getting done. When it's time to vote for Govenor I'll asure you I won't be voting for blank-o she and President Bush are the reasons why we're in this mess Nagin only gets partial blame as a mayor you can only do so much. Actually, I think that the whole state of Louisiana is a laughing stock to the reast of the nation we elect these corrupt incompetent blank-os.

I would hate to see the personal tragedies of so many people exploited for a cheap movie. A documentary would be better, but I'd like to see something even-handed. Douglas Brinkley's book was atrocious. It was like an extended CNN report. Bleah.....

You know what I would love to see? A Katrina movie or documentary that isn't racially-themed. I would absolutely love to see a documentary focusing on everyone, and everything, in New Orleans. Not just blacks, whites, the Lower 9, or anything. A documentary focusing on what Katrina did to the entire city of New Orleans, and how the people in New Orleans are getting back up on their feet, and bringing this city back. A documentary designed to inform, and bring the the topic of Katrina back up to the top of the national news, all without causing all kinds of controversy.

So I think we can all sort of agree that we would only like to see a Katrina movie or documentary if it is done right, and done well, and not just for a cheap buck? That's certainly understandable and to be expected.

And BTW, davidals, thank you very much for sharing that info. I had heard something about a Chinese director being interested in New Orleans awhile back, but nothing more than that. I certainly hope something is able to materialize from his plan. :thumbsup:

If it focuses on the failure of the federal levee system and all of the chaos and death that its failure caused, then I am all for it. That story needs to be told over and over and over and over again. If a movie that told what REALLY happened here, it would be good for New Orleans. No problem.

Why in the hell was he apologizing for her? Even though I'm not from Louisiana I have a multitude of family there. Especially in Southeastern Louisiana. She and Nagin should be haunted the rest of their days for the way they handled the situation and not getting people out when they had the chance. I pray that this whole disaster teaches New Orleans and other cities to properly prepare for such vicious storms.

As I was watching news footage of Hurricane Katrina, I noticed several school buses were underwater so I put 2 & 2 together and said "You have buses there to take those people to Houston, use them" It made no sense to me why those buses were just sitting there as the storm got worse. Glad to see New Orleans is making a comeback. You folk been through so much.

As I was watching news footage of Hurricane Katrina, I noticed several school buses were underwater so I put 2 & 2 together and said "You have buses there to take those people to Houston, use them" It made no sense to me why those buses were just sitting there as the storm got worse. Glad to see New Orleans is making a comeback. You folk been through so much.

Archived