Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firefox

USC's Venues and Student Support Buildings

26 posts in this topic

If the current plan goes into effect it will be torn down as apart of the innovista, the law center is moving as well so that building will be open so I don;t see why the College of Jourlism, Mass Com, TS&TM can't be moved into the old law center. But yes it will be sad to see it go but that area is starting to fall apart the greenscape around the CC is starting to run wild and the tunnel under Assembly is starting to fall into disrepair as well.

Spartan that would be the Humanities Pavillion which is home to two resturants for USC students which opened back in October about two months late and has two levels, they have some great lobster and shrimp on thursdays. :thumbsup:

Thats awsome. That beats the heck out of the sunken plaza the flooded all the time. And that little shop down under the humanties office tower.

If the current plan goes into effect it will be torn down as apart of the innovista, the law center is moving as well so that building will be open so I don;t see why the College of Jourlism, Mass Com, TS&TM can't be moved into the old law center. But yes it will be sad to see it go but that area is starting to fall apart the greenscape around the CC is starting to run wild and the tunnel under Assembly is starting to fall into disrepair as well.

When I was younger, going to the circus, I always saw the Coliseum as the biggest venue ever. :blush:

Thats awsome. That beats the heck out of the sunken plaza the flooded all the time. And that little shop down under the humanties office tower.

Yeah they did. I tried it once then gave up. I only bought snacks and drinks for class from then on.

Me too. The Coliseum has been a fixture at USC and for Columbia for too long to be torn down.

Not to mention that the Coliseum is much more aesthetically pleasing.

I'm taking krazee's side on this one. The honeycombs were an abomination.

When the blizzard of 73 struck, Dad told me they had a tractor up on the roof pushing the snow off. I wonder if that was true. I know 16" of snow on a roof that big would be heavy, but even a Ford industial tractor is no lightweight. Maybe 10K pounds of point load is better than umpteen tons distributed load, LOL!

Just to clarify, I'm saying that both are equally displeasing.

I think the Coliseum should only go if it will be replaced with something that isn't a suburban office complex looking thing. If it can not be replaced correctly then keep it like Charlotte (Only thing they did) the old Charlotte Coliseum I think its now called the Cricket Arena for its historcial purpose first big SC arena and can be used for something, haha or gut it and make it the home of the College of sports management

The Coliseum is an icon, and it would be hard to imagine USC and Columbia without it.

However, it is an exceedingly cold, harsh building, especially in today

I think USC will eventually get rid of it. USC doesn't value sentiment very highly.

As you can see from the master plan as of October of 06 they plan on mowing it down for something.

55555.jpg