Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firefox

USC's Classrooms and Office Buildings

23 posts in this topic

You got most of the big ones, but I think you're missinge a few. Wardlaw and Sumwalt come to mind. Then there are some small ones around the Horseshoe.. LeConte, Davis, Sloan, Barnwell, Hamilton, the current Health Sciences building, Currell, etc. It would be a truely monumental task to take pictures of all of USC's academic buildings. Thanks for sharing these and the others!

I really like the new School of Health.

I don't miss Gambrell at all. It took me forever to get used to that maze. :)

I got the major ones that were not included in my thread on Horseshoe or any other ones. Plus these buildings make a impact on USC skyline-and character

Mcmaster... WHERE IS MCMASTER?

To tell you the truth, I'm a senior and i don't think I've ever seen it in real life but I keep hearing about it. Maybe its just a myth...

Mcmaster... WHERE IS MCMASTER?

To tell you the truth, I'm a senior and i don't think I've ever seen it in real life but I keep hearing about it. Maybe its just a myth...

:shok: How dare you! I attended several classes in McMaster. It's just off the main campus grid on Pickens. I remember always staching books and stuff there because there were lockers for art supplies.

Boy, there sure are some UG-ly office buildings at USC! :P

Glad the new ones are getting the design thing down better. Several of the older ones need to come down--here's hoping the school's President, with his astute and welcome vision, will do so.

I really like the new Public Health building. I think it's rather stately for a modern structure.

>>quietly hums "Go Carolina"

I love it, awesome shots, Carolina all day baby!!!

P.S. The Coker building brings on PTSD for me, oh the science tests i've failed in that place <_<

Boy, there sure are some UG-ly office buildings at USC! :P

Glad the new ones are getting the design thing down better. Several of the older ones need to come down--here's hoping the school's President, with his astute and welcome vision, will do so.

Which ones need to come down? The only one I really want to see come down is the International Studies building. The weird green one (second one from the bottom) that is at College and Sumter across from the Horseshoe

^That one wouldn't be so bad if they painted it a different color. It has been that same nasty shade of green since I was there in the mid eighties.

^That one wouldn't be so bad if they painted it a different color. It has been that same nasty shade of green since I was there in the mid eighties.

I don't think paint would make it better. I am willing to preserve good examples of midern architecture, but that isn't one of them.

The green monstrosity was the federal building before the Strom Thurmond Federal Building was built.

UGH! I don't like the Strom Thurmond buiding either. I don't care for the bizarre fins and recesses on its facade. The lobby is cold and horrid too.

I'm not of the mindset that we should obliterate our history simply because its not attractive. Certainly there are some that need to go, but most of them are ok, IMO, or need an interior overhaul. Most of those buildings need a major interior rennovation (at least they did while I was there). There is no public university that escaped the bad architecture phase. We should not erase our history, lest we be doomed to repeat it.

I think we should keep examples of all styles of architecture. I don't mind some of the boxes, actually.