Firefox

Columbia Photo of the Day

Heres some shots of Downtown Columbia Main st Including the new M&G. i took these pictures on June 11th

Sever%20Storms%20048.JPG

Heres a great shot of downtown columbia with the look of the threw new building that been built in downtown over the past few years. In cluding the ain & gervais, the meridian building, and the first citizen headquarters.

Sever%20Storms%20032.JPG

Heres one more shot of downtown(the whole main st.)

Sever%20Storms%20039.JPG

Very nice. I'm curious. I'm too poor right now to buy a camera to start my next career as a photojournalist, but on the columns picture, if you had stepped slightly to the left and widened the angle, could you have caught part of the Capitol Center and shown more of the Meridian?

I can't wait to see how it will look once all of the building is covered in glass. The real thing is starting to look so much better than the renderings. I hope they do something really cool with the chapeau like lighting it from the interior in varying colors or something like that. Since the neon at the top of the BofA Tower and the bonnet on top of Meridian are both white lights, I hope this one will be something different.

night%209.jpg

boa%20night%205.jpg

I can't wait to see how it will look once all of the building is covered in glass. The real thing is starting to look so much better than the renderings.
I think the same thing.

Cool view after dark!

night%209.jpg

A skyline pano from a view rarely posted. Kudos to the person who can guess the vantage point.

skyline%20pano%20from%20prov.jpg

Parking garage at Providence Hospital. Nice photo and great shot of entire skyline.

Middleborough Plaza. What a beautiful green city for all of UrbanPlanet to see. Thank you, Waccamatt. I love it. I've often thought of living at Middleborough just for the view. Talk about a city of trees.

Edited by CorgiMatt

The hospital itself then? I can't think of any other high structure in the area to give that great vantage point.

That is correct...from the 6th floor of the new wing.

Hey everyone, we need to get this photo thread busy again. Pricemiller asked me to post this photo he took from the 11th floor of the Sheraton looking south.

view%20from%20the%20sheraton%20looking%20south.jpg

The light grayish blue glass on the new building is going to look great from there. It's looking great on all sides from the ground.