Firefox

Columbia Photo of the Day

Nice shot, Krazeeboi. I beg you to go back down there, walk almost across that bridge toward the Gervais Street bridge, look over your right shoulder up the stream that feeds into the Congaree, get the composition just right, and click. Please.

P.S. Do it while the sun is under the clouds.

Edited by CorgiMatt

Nice. The foliage of the trees and the stream leading up to those rocks when looking at it from the bridge looks like a scene in the mountains.

Great photo I found of the "backside" of Columbia's skyline:

3771576732_6be826b9a7.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joethephotog/3771576732/

Much apprciate the link to my photo. This is my favorite shot of the Columbia skyline that I have taken however...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joethephotog/2467691808/

I call it a variation of a famous scene.

WIS NewsHawk at the State Fair

scstatefair036.jpg

FWIW, this is where I was sitting when I took the photo of the "backside" of the Columbia skyline. It was my favorite part of the job, not just getting to shoot video from the helicopter, but getting to take still shots when I had the oppurtunity. I don't work there anymore and I believe they had to cut the News Hawk due to budget.

3960751903_7f0c5ec482.jpg

I like how I caught the Sheraton's sign reflection on 1401 Main and Capstone on the far left. It would be cool if Columbia got more towers with Illuminated Tops/Spires/Roofs.

Edited by Hybrid0NE

HybridONE, is there any chance you forgot and left a dark filtering lens on your camera?

No. Are you trying to make back-handed comments on the sly? lol... My camera has one of those long telescoping lens (think of looking through a paper-towel roll) so I tend to get dark low-light photos unless I push the ISO over 800 which is more noise than I can bear. I may try to reshoot tomorrow.

P.S. I wasn't serious about the back-handed thing.

3980367997_2d26fcd12b.jpg

My first HDR image, I posted one of the exposures from this set last week but this is the finalized result. Downtown Columbia looks great in high dynamic range.

Check out my flickr link (in my signature), if you'd like to see a larger version.

You should get a nighttime shot of the skyline right at Blanding and Gadsden overlooking Finlay Park, where I like to take some of my skyline shots:

3763811175_a99ca18d9b.jpg

It will look a little better at night once the tenants start moving into the Tower at Main and Gervais and 1441 Main.

You should get a nighttime shot of the skyline right at Blanding and Gadsden overlooking Finlay Park, where I like to take some of my skyline shots:

It will look a little better at night once the tenants start moving into the Tower at Main and Gervais and 1441 Main.

I'll give it a try next time I'm intown. I was wondering why 1441 was completely dark. Did Wachovia/WellsFargo abandon the building?

I'll give it a try next time I'm intown. I was wondering why 1441 was completely dark. Did Wachovia/WellsFargo abandon the building?

No, it's currently being upfitted so that they can occupy the building. Right now they're in the Palmetto Center; 1441 Main will be their regional headquarters building.