Columbia Photo of the Day

Firefox

I love that building (the one that houses the canal side office). Does anyone know what the upper levels with the huge, beautiful windows are used for. When I was apartment shopping, I really hoped they would be residential--but that was only wishful thinking. I settled for Granby (which I love).

Great pics. Would like to see some true overview shots, though. Is it any wonder why Columbia is an officially designated "Tree City USA?"

Lol....that's funny...I looked at those pictures in the link the other day and was thinking the same thing. Each shot had trees in it....Who says Columbia isn't a green city.......just imagine how it's gonna be when the revitalize that garden district. :)

I was driving by the new Marriott Courtyard on Friday night and all of the front windows have some sort of fiber-optic lighting which changes colors from blue, green, pink, purple, and other colors as well. It looked really awesome. I don't have a working camera so I wasn't able to take a picture.

My visit to Columbia was great! Being away for 3 years, I can see so much change and progress and see how so much more is happening. Columbia just feels bigger and better than ever. I loved the new Hilton and the streetscaping that has been completed. I enjoyed seeing the new residential downtown . . . so much to see, so little time, and boy was it HOT! Hope to return when the weather is more moderate. Great night life and more daytime activity downtown than before. Unfortunately I did not have time to go out and do a lot of photos like I had hoped to do. i will post what I did get, though. Some of the same but perhaps a bit of a different angle on some of the shots. Next trip I hope to devote more time to exploring and photographing. Probably thisi Fall or winter I will be back! With the little time I had to photograph (I ended up having to go to Georgia on business in the midlle of my visit), I did not get to go out and explore and take more interesting shots. Hope these are appreciated anyway! I am working on getting them uploaded from Photobucket! It has been a while, so . . .

City Art

hillside078.jpg

That Beautiful Gervais Street Bridge, a nice stop on entering the City

hillside067.jpg

Under the Bridge . . . I felt like a troll in all that Heat!

hillside066.jpg

hillside070.jpg

hillside069.jpg

Palmetto Center from below at my hotel, the Marriott

hillside059.jpg

A few shots from hotel room on 9th floor looking north

hillside054.jpg

hillside055.jpg

hillside053.jpg

hillside058.jpg

hillside057.jpg

A shot from elevator lobby . . . This view will change dramatically when Vsion is commpleted.

hillside061.jpg

A shot of the nearby buildings up close from the parking garage!

hillside062.jpg

Edited by pricemiller

CarolinaSouth, you'd probably enjoy this thread as well. Before looking at the photos in that thread, I had no idea how extensive and lush the tree canopy was in Columbia.

I definately did enjoy that thread....thanks for the link krazeeeboi....It's just amazing how being in Savannah right now i notice the amount of trees here, but it wasn't until looking at the pic's on here that i realized that Columbia has just as many trees as anywhere else. Thx again