Columbia Photo of the Day

Firefox

That building is average in my book. Its good because its built up to the street, and if Huger ever becomes more urban in nature, it will be fit in nicely. But it still sucks because that "front" entrance is probably never used unless visitors are coming from the hotel accross the street, and there isn't any mixed use element that I can see.

And since you brought up the front door, there is a sign on in it saying that it is not an entrance, the entrance is in the rear.

At least there's a door there for aesthetic purposes, unlike some buildings that appear to be turning a cold shoulder to the sidewalk and street without even any semblance of an entrance.

Yes, I think it, along with the Five Points streetscaping, was worth all of the delays; however, the next streetscaping needs to be done with much greater efficiency. You can really see how the city investing in infrastructure leads to private investment. The street is definitely starting to fill out quite nicely; hopefully some of those surface lots closer to Assembly will bite the dust soon.