Columbia Photo of the Day

Firefox

^^^^

I was thinking the same thing about the angles...so i tried to take a few from other side of the city....I really think i need to invest in a real high quality camera...I'm starting to enjoy taking pictures of things...lol...

Here's my photo of the day.....It's a view from a street in the Cecia-Saxon neighborhood with Columbia as the backdrop!!!!

DSC02972.jpg

I have a picture of it at night too....I think?!?!?!

Edited by CarolinaSouth

Nah Krazy.... this is why the city needs to promote it self better. Put more City finder signs in that area letting the know where the "Art", "Entertainment" and etc districts are in that area....atleast until it changes....if that's not worth their time then they need to put "To Do, To See" maps on Main St. and other areas up and down that street. You here someone open their mouth about Charlotte...it's "Uptown" that comes to mind first. If someone says something about Greenville "West End/Main St" is what is told to go. Considering Columbia is the state capital and has a "Main St"....that the State house is on....people think that would be the entertainment area...but it's not....so we need to etch it people mind that for now....the entertainment areas in Columbia are "the Vista" and "5 points". I honestly think that Main St. should focus more on restuarants and arts....no clothing shops....let that shift to Lady st.

Main St. = Arts

Lady St = Shopping

Vista = mixed entertainment area 1

5 points = mixed entertainment/bar area 2

and personally....i don't think Columbia looks anything like Dayton...not at all...The skyline is prettier and the only thing that immediately sticks out as being a connection is the river...after that....very few connections....I really hate that people don't get the full feel of Columbia...I'm still at a loss as to anyone that visits the State House and not realize that it's another district as they look down Gervias...it's not like the city abruptly ends as you get to the State house grounds. Like a said before when need more signage...because that shows no one knows where Finlay park is, the State museums, the river...riverfront park and etc are at.....and that saddens me more than anything else..

I also found it funny that this came from an Ohio forum...lol...Ironically i got family in Columbus and in Dayton and by the end of the year the will both be locating in Columbia or the metro area.