Columbia Photo of the Day

Firefox

• 4 weeks later...
They're okay, but the coloring isn't realistic and he chose the squenched up skyline (limited in demension) angle from Finlay Park.
Interesting opinion. Did you look at all of the photos? Personally, I don't think the point should be to only focus on the skyline in every photo. If that were all important, there are many cities with much more attractive skylines. In the case of his Finlay Park photo, the composition and color are very nice and it showcases a variety of attractive lifestyle amenities available in the city. That may not mean much to you, but it is good nonetheless.

It means a lot to me, and I was only talking about Columbia's skyline. There are much better vantage points. He also just happened to be at Riverfront Park on the one out of ten days (or less) that the canal's water was brown, probably from a heavy rain in the Upstate.

It means a lot to me, and I was only talking about Columbia's skyline. There are much better vantage points. He also just happened to be at Riverfront Park on the one out of ten days (or less) that the canal's water was brown, probably from a heavy rain in the Upstate.
Apparently you are not viewing the photos I provided a link for. Aside from the one taken from an overpass on I-126, all of the others appear to have been taken from Finlay Park. The skyline from that vantage point does look good, in case you missed the three awesome photos (1{sodEmoji.|}2{sodEmoji.|}3) from above the park looking toward the "meatiest" portion. I didn't notice any photos from Riverfront Park, or any "brown" water in a canal. Regardless, it is Spring afterall, so heavy rain is normal and expected, not to mention extremely welcome in the Upstate and downstream. The brilliant and luscious greens are absolutely beautiful right now. :thumbsup:

Apparently you are not viewing the photos I provided a link for. Aside from the one taken from an overpass on I-126, all of the others appear to have been taken from Finlay Park. The skyline from that vantage point does look good, in case you missed the three awesome photos (1{sodEmoji.|}2{sodEmoji.|}3) from above the park looking toward the "meatiest" portion. I didn't notice any photos from Riverfront Park, or any "brown" water in a canal. Regardless, it is Spring afterall, so heavy rain is normal and expected, not to mention extremely welcome in the Upstate and downstream. The brilliant and luscious greens are absolutely beautiful right now. :thumbsup:

I saw all of those. When the Tower at Main & Gervais is finished, the skyline from the Finlay Park angle will look much broader and more balanced with a lot of added dimension. The picture of the water is pretty, but the color is not natural.

Here's the brown water.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randomconnections/3370443773/

Absolutely gorgeous. I'm with Krazee - I hope I can take photos like that some day.

There's so much blue in the Finlay Park picture that even the bark on the trees is blue.

Edited by CorgiMatt