Columbia Photo of the Day

Firefox

Yes, I checked the distance of that shot before I posted the question. It seems like the Two Notch/Alpine vantage point maybe the furthest view with the naked eye.

There are much further locations - from Spring Valley High School and from the road in front of White Knoll High School - both of those are well over 10 miles. The Lake Murray Dam is also about the same distance.

downtown%20from%20dam%201.jpg

tower%20and%20dt%20from%20the%20dam.jpg

Edited by waccamatt

• 3 weeks later...

Three weeks without photo! It may be not important for you since you know your city but I miss Columbia.

I liked the silhouette series. Have you more shots of Columbia with highways or interchanges ? Please.

Thank you everyone! ;)

Three weeks without photo! It may be not important for you since you know your city but I miss Columbia.

I liked the silhouette series. Have you more shots of Columbia with highways or interchanges ? Please.

Thank you everyone! ;)

Chtimi, I haven't heard from you in awhile, glad you're ok!

Here's a few photos for you since we haven't posted any in awhile. Three are from SC Gay Pride in 2008 - one of the headliner - RuPaul, 1 of Columbia mayor Bob Coble and 1 of the crowd. The 4th photo is from the 1st SC Pride in 1990. I took the first 3 and a friend took the 4th. Waccamatt is in the 4th photo, lol. I understand Wanda Sykes may be performing this year, which I would be very excited about.

rupaul%201.jpg

mayor%20bob%201.jpg

2008%20pride%20crowd.jpg

1st%20sc%20pride%201990.JPG

Edited by waccamatt

Chtimi, I haven't heard from you in awhile, glad you're ok!

I'm discreet but still reading Urban Planet.

Thank you very much for the photos Waccamatt, even if they are not what I was waiting for. It's good to see so much citizens gathered together at the Gay Pride. And all the mayors don't attend the event in their city. It's important, because it shows that tolerance isn't indifference.

The 4th photo with the demonstrators on the steps of the Capitol is particular, capturing a revolutionary moment. Since then, people have changed their way of thinking.

Come on guys! :camera:

Edited by Chtimi

I'm discreet but still reading Urban Planet.

Thank you very much for the photos Waccamatt, even if they are not what I was waiting for. It's good to see so much citizens gathered together at the Gay Pride. And all the mayors don't attend the event in their city. It's important, because it shows that tolerance isn't indifference.

The 4th photo with the demonstrators on the steps of the Capitol is particular, capturing a revolutionary moment. Since then, people have changed their way of thinking.

Come on guys! :camera:

Chtimi, what do you want to see photos of?

Here is a photo of USC's new baseball park with downtown in the background.

overview%20w%20dt%20in%20the%20background.jpg

...and the Bank of America Tower at night.

boa%20night%205.jpg

Chtimi, what do you want to see photos of?

Here is a photo of USC's new baseball park with downtown in the background.

You read my thought, waccamatt. I also wanted a series with the sport venues.

I have seen the photos of the new baseball park in your website and said "wow" this is an elegant stadium. And you have a great view of the city!

growingup15 : I can't wait. :)

TMG has a good presence from I-126. I've gone to/through Columbia a couple of times recently, but not via 126.

Also, Carolina Stadium is really a thing of beauty. I went there, and I regrettably forgot my camera. The sunset provided a great view of the skyline. I did get a sweet picture of Sir Big Spur with my cell phone though :)

Heres a picture i took of downtown yesterday after a thunderstorm with a rainbow on the right side of downtown

For some reason urban planet wont let me place a picture up on the reply page anymore so i just have to give yall the link to the picture

Sorry guys try the link now

http://growingup15.webs.com/Micheal's%...eport%20018.JPG

If the link still broken just visit here. it should be the first picture on the page. http://growingup15.webs.com/downtowncolumbia.htm

Edited by growingup15

Heres a picture i took of downtown yesterday after a thunderstorm with a rainbow on the right side of downtown

For some reason urban planet wont let me place a picture up on the reply page anymore so i just have to give yall the link to the picture

http://growingup15.webs.com/Micheal's%...eport%20018.JPG

Try again...the link doesn't work either.