Columbia Photo of the Day

Firefox

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

The streetscape makes the biggest difference. The only criticisms I have is the lack of bike lanes and some greenery along the edge of the sidewalk (e.g., planters), but otherwise, it's a job well done.

I asked somebody with the city about that and they said the street would have to have been widened to do that and it wouldn't have been possible without tearing down several buildings that front the sidewalk.

I asked somebody with the city about that and they said the street would have to have been widened to do that and it wouldn't have been possible without tearing down several buildings that front the sidewalk.

I think the streetscape looks great. They went a little overboard with the lighting IMO, it's very bright at night. The outside lanes are 14' wide, in order to accommodate bikes as a shared roadway, but just shy of an actual bike lane width.

OK, well at least like it sounds like it was being considered. I've read in some cities where some buildings have been altered to accommodate widened roads, but that's not common at all.