Firefox

Columbia Photo of the Day

Broad River Road bridge construction continues, from River Front Park.  Architectural arches being installed.

B88331AC-15FF-43E7-BA96-95421E2EF112_zps

46E675AF-5404-42FE-84EB-CDE204C889FA_zps

Wow  I thought this was like in Augusta or Charlotte. never would of thought this was in Columbia

I appreciate the tribute, but I have to say that is one of the ugliest art installments I've seen. It looks so tacky. I can't believe it was allowed in such a prominent place. Oh well, there's my 2 cents as a lifelong Columbian.

• Like 1

I appreciate the tribute, but I have to say that is one of the ugliest art installments I've seen. It looks so tacky. I can't believe it was allowed in such a prominent place. Oh well, there's my 2 cents as a lifelong Columbian.

I agree. i think the one in Lexington looks a lot better than this. When i ride through the Vista and pass the Convention center. I almost never see this thing because it doesn't catch my eye.

That's the back of it. The monument is supposed to recall the old World Trade Towers. I think the scale is nice, and I appreciate that a dog is part of it. And the bent metal beams are actually part of the old towers.

Edited by CorgiMatt

While out taking pictures of Construction in the area I decided to take an updated picture of Downtown from Finley Park. Been about 9 years since I took a picture from this area.

17371239091_07bdd853f6_b.jpg

Taking more picture of the Bull St property because most of these go bye bye

19347320434_287c9d5b8f_h.jpg

19943714666_6b7bb9790f_h.jpg

19781972090_17004945ce_h.jpg

Thank you for taking those. It will be neat to juxtapose those with pictures of the development there a year from now.

• Like 1

Got into town today to bring some bottled water and check on my old stomping grounds. These photos are from the Forest Acres area and around the canal breach action.  I may get some more tomorrow before heading home.

DSC03219.JPG

DSC03221.JPG

DSC03222.JPG

DSC03231.JPG

DSC03234.JPG

DSC03237.JPG

DSC03240.JPG

DSC03254.JPG

DSC03263.JPG

DSC03272.JPG

DSC03273.JPG

DSC03279.JPG

DSC03281.JPG

DSC03293.JPG

DSC03300.JPG

Edited by CarolinaCrown
More pics
  • Like 1

The Curtiss Wright Hangar @ Owens Field in the Rosewood neighborhood.

A project to renovate it never materialized.  I hope it can be revived with the booming economy.  Here's a link to the facebook page with detail and some old photos:  https://www.facebook.com/TheCurtissWrightHangar/info?tab=overview

4B196657-668E-4B7B-A859-C5C2017B543D_zps

It looks like Curtiss-Wright will be the site of the second Hunter-Gatherer!

http://www.thestate.com/living/article38817315.html

Broad River Road bridge construction continues, from River Front Park.  Architectural arches being installed.

B88331AC-15FF-43E7-BA96-95421E2EF112_zps

46E675AF-5404-42FE-84EB-CDE204C889FA_zps

I totally missed this when it was first posted. I think this is awesome! I wish more bridges were built like Gervais St to begin with, but adding the faux architectural elements is a nice touch! Now if they could just do that to the other bridges across the Congaree...